Review by msmithreads -- Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
msmithreads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmithreads.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by msmithreads -- Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by msmithreads »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rescued" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer was a high-speed read about a group of people with encounters that include romance, suspense, and mystery. John Thurgood Thomas, JT, is the book's main character, and he comes into contact with a caravan of people. Some of them have just killed members of their community and kidnapped women in the group. JT forms a bond with the captured women and vows to apprehend their captors. He comes across numerous situations that include gun battles, deceit, and burning buildings. JT and Annabelle explore a cave that JT discovered, and they were pleasantly surprised by what they found inside. It set them on a path of fortune, which then leads to a series of adverse events.

They travel on horseback, and the law is undoubtedly different than it is today. Sometimes you find yourself questioning the authenticity of the events even though the story is set in the past. Their luck proves too good to be true at times and adds a touch of fantasy to the story.

My favorite part of the story is the character of JT and his connection to Annabelle. Annabelle is still married to her husband, but JT is ready to propose anyway. She has a daughter, and JT welcomes her with open arms. He fits right into Annabelle's life in every way. They form a relationship that you find yourself rooting and pleading for a happy outcome.

My least favorite part of the story is the lack of depth. Someone gets killed or loses a loved one, and we immediately switch to the next subject. It leaves very little time for grieving or accepting the events of what happened. I wanted more description or intensity to the characters in the story. This made the book a rapid read, but I kept longing for more connections to the characters that just weren't there.

I would rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. The book does have a few errors and could have more depth. I would recommend this book to young adults or adults because of the graphic nature of the killings and the amount of them. It is certainly more suited for a mature audience. This book does hook you and would be very easy to finish in one sitting. If you like stories that include a multitude of genres, this is the book for you.

Rescued
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”