Official Review: The Project Manager by Amy S Hamilton

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Journey by Elayne Schulman

Official Review: The Project Manager by Amy S Hamilton

Post by Nickolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Project Manager" by Amy S Hamilton.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Project Manager by Amy S Hamilton is a fictional book about project management principles that can be applied in everyday life. This book contains some technical terms related to management; however, the tone is generally casual and simple.

A woman named Ashley is the protagonist of this story. The story begins with Ashely receiving a message from a project manager named Thomas Robert Morgan. He selects her as the IT integration manager for the construction of a new smart building. After being congratulated by her coworkers, she meets with her new team for the kickoff meeting. There, Thomas asks everyone to introduce themselves. The team includes Troy Davis, the construction manager, Terri Lewis, the Human Resources manager, Jason Lee, the contracting manager, Jim Brown, the architect, Carl Nelson, the lawyer, and Ashley. The author reveals that Ashley’s personal life is not going well, as she has recently separated from her boyfriend, and she has not paid enough attention to her health. This is why Thomas decides to speak to Ashley about her life. He talks to her about the importance of looking at her life as a project, so that she can decide which things are valuable and worth the time and cost to undertake them.

This book seemed very pleasing to me for various reasons. Firstly, the story was professionally edited, as I found no mistakes in the entire novel. Furthermore, the story was logically structured since the writer organized it in chapters that interfaced cohesively with each other. Moreover, I liked the fact that the writer used technical terms related to project management in a creative way, integrating these concepts creatively in the story. What I liked most about this novel was that it was very realistic, as the story’s events can occur in everyday life.

What I disliked most about this book was that it was slightly repetitive and monotonous in some parts. To improve, the author should add more variety and creativity to the text in order to add interest and excitement to the novel.

This book is best suited for readers who want to make their lives more organized. Readers who have a background in project management will appreciate this book more, as they will better understand its storyline. Both religious and non-religious readers may enjoy this story.

All in all, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. The book’s monotony was the sole reason I could not rate it with a perfect score. This novel deserves no less than this score because it was rationally structured, impeccably edited, creatively compiled, and realistic.

The Project Manager
View: on Bookshelves

Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 801
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Vannaskivt »

Interesting, I'm not sure this would work for me, I would probably also get tired of the monotony. Thank you for this review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”