Review by xojlpsych1321 -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
xojlpsych1321
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xojlpsych1321.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by xojlpsych1321 -- The Reel Sisters

Post by xojlpsych1321 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Reading The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings had made me feel a full 360 ride of emotion, and for that, I give it a 4 out of 4 stars of rating. I highly recommend this book to those who are doing and/or interested on fishing. But not only those group, I also recommend this to all the readers who likes reading books about slice of life stories, even if it’s just fiction.

What I have loved about the book are the characters made for the story. They have singlehandedly brought the story to life because of their lovable personalities. Each character have different personality type as presented in the book via the point-of-view style of chapters and just gives an insight or opinion on what is going during different events that are happening. Not only that, some characters have some relatable train of thoughts and habits that makes it much more real to the readers since they can sympathize and empathize as to why the characters’ decision were made.

I also love how the story is an informative type of style where the readers are given information about fly fishing, not in a general way but in a very detailed and in depth take of information that makes the reader, who I assumed to not have an idea about what fly fishing is, learn and take interest on the activity. I like how this format was made and still maintain the core of the story and not just a textbook-type of book.

I liked how the book have different sections tackling about multiple topics that can be adapted into a person’s life. It just teaches an individual how there are multiple thoughts that can be presented into a singular event and that how you act and what you do plays a big role in what happens next. I just love that food for thought.

The book in general was a pleasant read and I really recommend this to other readers who want a refreshing story or just those who want some new point of view. It teaches multiple things about the importance of life and and friendship that might make you rethink of the things you did before and what believe in. It also teaches what you can do to live life without you having to look back and think of things you regret doing or not doing.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”