Review by Kibe_Ryan -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibe_Ryan
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibe-ryan.html
Latest Review: Beyond Paris by Paul Alexander Casper

Review by Kibe_Ryan -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Kibe_Ryan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The reel sisters, a novel by Michelle Cummings is an interesting story about a group of five women. Despite it being a fly-fishing book, the main focus is on the kind of friendship the women had developed. The plot kick-starts when Sophie is curious about learning the art of fly-fishing. She met Rose at a fly-fishing shop who later became her trainer. Rose invited her to one of her fly-fishing trips but little did she know she is on a journey to build an unbreakable relationship. A group of two later turned into four; Sophie, Rose, Veronica, and Amanda. The fifth member of the group, Melody joined the club after being rescued from a river. She was taking pictures when she accidentally fell into the river and drowned.

During the weekends or the holidays, the five women will run away from their daily activities and seek the shelter of relaxation in Rose’s cabin. Despite the different backgrounds these women came from, some even hated the outdoor activity but luckily fly-fishing became their unifying factor. Rose was the eldest in the group and everyone looked out for her. She cared, mentored, and taught them everything there is to learn from her. They all have their problems but nothing could break their bond, not even an airstrike.

I really enjoyed reading this story, at first, the book appeared to be a fishing novel but as the story unfolds, it turned out to be a whole lot more than fishing. The story presents everything from fishing and its challenges to the kind of friendship the participants developed. What interested me the most is how the women cared for each despite the challenges they had. This story is indeed a true definition of friendship.

The story was written in a first-person perspective with each character narrating her own story in a different section. The plot of the story was well mapped and the characters effectively developed. Every character was introduced with a perfect description of their backgrounds, how they became friends, and their interest in this binding sport. The editing of the story was perfect and professionally done since I found no grammatical nor spelling errors.

To conclude, I will give The Reel Sisters a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. However slow the pace of the story might be, the book is still quite engaging and enjoyable. There are no errors, which is a perfect indication of professional editing. I will recommend this book to anyone who is intrigued by a perfect well written inspiring story. The book has no vulgar language or any erotic scene which makes it suitable even to young readers.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”