Official Review: Sin City Retribution by Rick Hart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Hogs in the Sand by Buck Wyndham

Official Review: Sin City Retribution by Rick Hart

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sin City Retribution" by Rick Hart.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever lost something precious? What would you do to get back what was stolen from you? Would you make the thief feel pain, especially if you had the power to get even with them? Rick Hart told a compelling story in Sin City Retribution: A Game Called Revenge.

Rick, who became known as Turkey, wanted to be a part of the Noblemen — a biker's club his friend Hiney belonged to — to find his missing bike. To do that, he had to go through rigorous processes. First, he had to become a 'hang around.' Secondly, he would graduate to a club prospect. Finally, he would be accepted as a full-patch member. He was tested beyond words.

Rick came to love the club and its members as they became like brothers to him. He wanted more than ever to become a full-patch member of this club, and he was willing to do whatever it took to make it happen. How far would Rick go with this aspiration? Would he eventually get retribution for his stolen bike?

This book is the second part of the Sin City Retribution series. I did not expect to enjoy the book, but I did. I was expecting it to be a lot tougher for my palate, but it turned out to be a great read. This book is a fast-paced story of brotherhood, revenge, loyalty, camaraderie, and rivalry. The author was able to tell an engaging story, full of humor and thrill. Chills ran up my spine, and my heart raced at the same speed as the Noblemen's Harley.

I also enjoyed the author's writing style — it was simplistic and detailed, flowed beautifully, and didn't bore me. The chapters were divided into events that happened in different years. The book also contained pictures of Rick, the Noblemen, their bikes, and some of their events.

The book's only downside would be the gory scenes of fighting and using different weapons to hurt people. People who would be offended by these violent scenes could take a pass on this book. However, if you'd give it a shot, it would make a fabulous read. The book also contained profane words.

I would rate Sin City Retribution: A Game Called Revenge four out of four stars. There were a few grammatical errors, but they weren't enough to conclude that the book wasn't professionally edited. However, I would recommend another round of editing to fix these minor errors. The corrections would give the reader a perfect reading experience. I recommend this book to those who love adventure stories with splashes of crime and violence.

Sin City Retribution
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Joan642 »

Am amazing storyline with a simple and detailed writing style is one of the things I love in a book. Thanks for the review.

Christieee
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christieee.html
Latest Review: Secondary Break by marvin williams sr

Post by Christieee »

Rick is a really determined character and I’m intrigued by how far he’s willing to go to get what he wants.

This was an exciting review. Good job.

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: The Memoir Man by Frances Webb

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

So this interesting storyline is not a work of fiction?
Nice review.
Live and let live, baby!

Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

Your review was really a good one. I also like the questions that you added in the beginning of the review.

Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Ada Ling »

"I also enjoyed the author's writing style — it was simplistic and detailed, flowed beautifully, and didn't bore me"- simple and detailed. Like this combination. Will give it a try later on. Thank you for the introduction!

Callme joan
Currently Reading: HO Tactics
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Callme joan »

At first i was not sure if i would really like reading this book, but your review might have changed that. I'd love to know what Rick eventually does. Thanks for a great review.

Saint Bruno
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: ...on your way home...Do This by George Six

Post by Saint Bruno »

This is just my kind of book. I wish for the opportunity to read it soon. Thanks for this wonderful review and recommendation.

Mohammed keita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Mohammed keita »

Life is all about courage, Rick had courage, we need courage to move on in life I like the way you write this story
Last edited by Mohammed keita on 14 Sep 2020, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”