Official Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Official Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet

Post by Vic Chimezie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet" by K. Kibbee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Thirteen-year-old Olive Abernathy hates everything around her. She seems sure that being an Abernathy is a curse due to how everyone in Lafayette, Louisiana, shunned her and her family. Above all, she believes that her mother hates her.

Henry is Olive's only friend, but his mother strongly disapproves of their friendship. Olive just couldn't imagine life in Lafayette without him. However, the news of her beloved grandfather's death was the final straw. Hence, she decides to disown her 'cursed' family and start a new life anywhere far from them. She goes over to Henry's house to say goodbye, but he packs his suitcase and leaves town with her. Why did the folks in Lafayette despise Olive and her family so much? How are these two going to survive on their own? You have to read this intriguing title to find out.

I picked up All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee without knowing what to expect. But after reading this book, I was blown away. I was overwhelmed by emotions so much that I struggled to hold back my tears. I feared for the safety of Olive and Henry. Ms. Kibbee has taken me on a fascinating ride that I won't forget anytime soon.

I enjoyed the author's writing style. She uses the first-person point of view, which is from Olive's perspective, to tell the entire story. She portrays how a teenager would narrate a story perfectly. It took me a little time to get used to the dialect used, but as soon as I did, the story flowed seamlessly. More so, the descriptions in this book are so vivid that it felt like I was watching everything play out on a big screen. Good job, Ms. Kibbee!

Nevertheless, the characterization is excellent. The characters are so relatable, and I love how the author didn't waste time describing characters that didn't add much to the plot. While Olive is my favorite character, I fell in love with Henry. Who wouldn't love to have a friend that loyal?

What I liked the most about this book is the strong message it promotes. It encourages women and minors not to be silent when someone sexually abuses them. Through this title, the author intends to inspire them to tell the truth irrespective of the abuser's status in society. I support this message and cannot sufficiently commend the author for it.

All through the 12 chapters in the book, the author's rich sense of humor is evident. I couldn't help laughing out loud at Olive's thoughts and descriptions. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and didn't dislike anything about it. Therefore, I am glad to rate All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet 4 out of 4 stars. It is professionally edited and without typos. I am not recommending this book to kids due to a few profanities in it. Otherwise, anyone who loves fiction stories will find this title very fascinating.

All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet
View: on Bookshelves

Olabode Joshua
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 200
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: 13.0.0.0.0 by Ernest Porter
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Fantastic review as usual Vic Chimezie.
I wonder what it would be like to have a friend as loyal as Henry. The book doesn't seem to be too long either. It's a classic example of a good book.
Have a nice day!
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm

Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Joan642 »

I agree with you, I have to read this amazing book to find out how these 13_year_olds survive without their family. Nice review.

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

Interesting storyline, and a good review to back it up.
Based on your recommendation in this review, I wonder what categories 'kids' apply to. Since this book is about a teenager, and written from a teenager's perspective, I assume it would be best for teenagers (who comfortably fall under the 'kids' category). So, can you say this book is for teenagers?
Live and let live, baby!

Vic Chimezie

Post by Vic Chimezie »

AnnOgochukwu wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 04:33
Based on your recommendation in this review, I wonder what categories 'kids' apply to. Since this book is about a teenager, and written from a teenager's perspective, I assume it would be best for teenagers (who comfortably fall under the 'kids' category). So, can you say this book is for teenagers?
This book can be enjoyed by Young Adults and Adults in general. While the parents one thirteen-year-old might find it suitable, another might disagree due to a few profanities in the book. I hope that was helpful? I appreciate you for finding time to read and comment. 😍

Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: Driving In Budapest by Gary V. Brill
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

There's nothing like a book with an intriguing storyline and amazing characters - the best of both worlds! I agree with you that the message this book conveys is extremely important. Thank you for this insightful and well-written review.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"

Dayodiola
2019 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

A theme that help one to understand the frailty of one's society. Thanks for the fair review

AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

Vic Chimezie wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 05:28
AnnOgochukwu wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 04:33
This book can be enjoyed by Young Adults and Adults in general. While the parents one thirteen-year-old might find it suitable, another might disagree due to a few profanities in the book. I hope that was helpful? I appreciate you for finding time to read and comment. 😍
Yeah. Thank you for your response, it clarified my confusion. I think l'll let the teenager read it (with guidance). They'll eventually come across all that😩.
And I enjoy reading your reviews😉.
Live and let live, baby!

EudoraMac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by EudoraMac »

Great Review, Vic.

The storyline you've described is the type I'd totally binge-read.

Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This book seems to have a wonderful message. I would definitely like to read this one. Thanks for your insightful review!

damis
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Antichrist Caught In The Acts by Betty Lee

Post by damis »

For me, there's nothing better than a character-driven story. Great review!

Miks_solon
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

I'm interested about the idea this book presents. Thank you for pointing out what it promotes, your review is very intriguing.
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"

Vic Chimezie

Post by Vic Chimezie »

Olabode Joshua wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 03:19
Fantastic review as usual Vic Chimezie.
I wonder what it would be like to have a friend as loyal as Henry. The book doesn't seem to be too long either. It's a classic example of a good book.
Have a nice day!
Thanks a lot Josh. I appreciate!

Vic Chimezie

Post by Vic Chimezie »

Joan642 wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 03:32
I agree with you, I have to read this amazing book to find out how these 13_year_olds survive without their family. Nice review.
Yes dear, you do. Thank you for finding time to read and comment.

Vic Chimezie

Post by Vic Chimezie »

espo wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 05:31
There's nothing like a book with an intriguing storyline and amazing characters - the best of both worlds! I agree with you that the message this book conveys is extremely important. Thank you for this insightful and well-written review.
I agree with you! Thanks for finding time to read and comment.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”