Review by jerimiahsebastian -- Guardian of Deceit

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerimiahsebastian.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by jerimiahsebastian -- Guardian of Deceit

Post by jerimiahsebastian »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

So often life has been an epitome of unexpected happenings that lives people heart broken. These unexpected circumstances joined with the imbalance of life has been so intrusive over the course of years. One might be up today, but an antithesis may just occur. Guardian Of Deceit by William H. Coles depicts the life of a seventeen-year-old boy, Darwin Hastings, who tragically lost his parent and was tossed to a new phase of life. The book gave a little glimpse of the protagonist's life, Darwin Hastings, of life, with his aunt and also how things gradually change in terms of parenting in regards to he's cousin Luther Pinelli, who is an American footballer.

Luther in the other hand is so successful in his career and had major social flaws, which were kept in disguised due to his profession. Darwin is a witness of his cousin's dark side, but how does he keep up with the heat as he aspires to be a medical practitioner that is similar to his late parent's professions? would his cousin lifestyle infuse a positive or negative attitude on him?

I was most intrigued by the author's writing style it's really fascinating and ripping, I enjoyed the progressive character building. My favourite character was Darwin Hastings, he's smart, intelligent, hardworking, goal-oriented, loving, caring and he didn't let his past get in his way.

And further, the book was in no way tedious neither was it boring it was superb. More so, the book was clear, readable and understandable, thanks to the author's knowledge, proficiency and skill in fiction.

It was hard trying to comprehend this book as fiction because everything seems like a real-life situation, from how the characters built their friendships, it wasn't just sudden like a few selective fiction books I've read. This turned out to be unique. Further, I'd like to note that it was bad luck trying to compile random flaws in the book.

Owing to the fact the book was well written, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as there was nothing I disliked about the book. The book was professionally edited, I came across just few grammatical errors ,throughout my course of reading, which were mainly from reported speeches. I strongly recommend this book to avid readers of fiction who would love to soar on an incredible superb journey and delve into a casual read of. More so, I think teenagers should have a grasp on this.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
LuciusM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luciusm.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by LuciusM »

I have read several books by William H. Coles and I can strongly say that his books never disappoint. Your review is good, thanks.
Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

Darwin Hastings sounds like a good boy. I hope his cousin doesn't affect him negatively.
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

There are lots of books that are interesting. This one caught my attention by your review. Good review.
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doziesixtus.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Doziesixtus »

I've read some of Williams H. Coles' books. He's such a wonderful author for a doctor.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I’ve read this book. I especially liked Darwin’s character. Nice review!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I would like to know what happened to Darwin after he lost his parents. Thanks for an interesting review!
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Post by Vic Chimezie »

Lots of positive reviews for this book. I am glad you enjoyed reading it too. Thanks for your detailed review and recommendation.
Pencemike167
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pencemike167.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Pencemike167 »

I liked your review! I've read this book also. And I love your review it's so detail and concerning the author I can attest that he is good at writing fiction stories! Nice review
ThomasCShearman1976
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thomascshearman1976.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ThomasCShearman1976 »

Good review!

I've just picked this book to read while travelling home. Will let you know how it goes. Four out of four must mean it's pretty good! :)
jerimiahsebastian
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerimiahsebastian.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by jerimiahsebastian »

ThomasCShearman1976 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 11:46 Good review!

I've just picked this book to read while travelling home. Will let you know how it goes. Four out of four must mean it's pretty good! :)
That's great! Please let me know when you're done reading. I'd love to see your thoughts. Thanks for your comment!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”