Review by chal88 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
chal88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chal88.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by chal88 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by chal88 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have just finished a fascinating book! Strong Heart is an amazing story written by the author Charlie Sheldon.

It has been ages since I last read a book that I enjoyed so much and being caught up in the story, I just couldn't put the book down for a second.

I really loved the way Charlie Sheldon told this story in so much detail and the way he structured the book and made it flow. It was filled with excitement, danger, adventure, as well as, heartsore moments. There was never a dull moment in this book, it was like being on a roller coaster ride. I was on the edge of my seat anticipating what would happen next.

Strong Heart is a story about a young girl called Sarah Cooley, who was an orphan, until one day she was standing on her grandfather's doorstep unannounced. With this surprise visit, Sarah's grandfather Tom and his friends had to make a decision whether they should cancel their backpacking trip or take Sarah along too. They decided to take Sarah with. They thought that this trip might do Sarah good and that she might learn a few things in the wilderness, but instead it was Sarah that would be teaching her grandfather Tom and his friends a few things in the Olympic Peninsula wilderness. This would be one adventure they would never forget and even for Sarah, the journey would test her strength and character to its limit.

I loved every chapter of this story and the fact that Charlie Sheldon wrote this book based on his own experiences in the Olympic Peninsula and with his knowledge of sailing across the North Pacific Coast. I was intrigued to hear he had learned all the Tribes' ancient legends and how it played a part in telling this story that really brought this book to life. It made me feel as though I was right there. The only part I would say that I disliked was the ending as it left me with many unanswered questions about what happened next, as if the story was incomplete.

I rate this book three out of four stars. Everything was great and exciting, filled with adventure. If possible I would rate the book three and a half as it was only the ending that was disappointing. The book was very well edited and carefully put together and I am sure will attract most audiences especially those with a love of history, adventure, survival and discovery.

Charlie Sheldon wrote an incredible story of a journey in the wilderness, discovering exciting and almost unbelievable things. I can't wait for a follow-up.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”