Review by Christiana+- -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christiana+-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Christiana+- -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Christiana+- »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Real Sisters is a wonderful story written by Michelle Cummings. The author kick starts this novel with Sophie, one of the four sisters who gives out what she thought to be the first rule of fly-fishing, which is to pee before putting the waders on. Sophie also gives reason to why it’s necessary to pee before putting the waders on. In this novel, the author narrates the story and relationships of four sisters, who took fly-fishing as a means of catching fun and relieving themselves from stress.

This novel contains both the principles, and the information needed to be a fly fisher. I became more interested in reading this novel as the author narrates how eager and happy these four sisters are whenever there is a call for fishing. One of the things that amazed me is the style by which these sisters used in fishing, which they tag to be “catch and release”.

To these sisters, catching fish is their own way of catching fun and building their friendship. Having the right mindset and passion for fly-fishing is one of the greatest things we need to make it fun. Michelle tells us what fly-fishing is all about, some of which are: mending your line, cast to a specific spot, read the water, change your flight, and other things that readers will gain in this novel. I love Michelle’s style of narrating a story because he makes it easy for his reader to understand each scene without stress. Also, the way Michelle gives a detailed description of the places used in this novel is so amazing.

One of the funniest parts of this novel is when the four sisters fish Melody out of the river. Melody is a photographer who always took pictures of herself to sell it online. One day, as she was taking pictures of herself beside a river, she mistakenly fell into the water and was fish out by the four sisters. In this novel, I learn the importance and beauty of a genuine friendship. Anytime the four sisters which comprise Rose, Sophie, Amanda, and Veronica go to the cabin which was built by Rose and her husband, each of them will share what they are passing through, and they will give quality advice to each other.

There is nothing I dislike about this novel, it’s so interesting. Also, this novel has passed through adequate editing. The novel contains light erotic content which makes it not suitable for young readers. I rate The Real Sisters 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this novel to every lover of fly-fishing and also to anyone who wants to know what genuine friendship is all about.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Chickenwings00
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chickenwings00.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Chickenwings00 »

Book that’s takes us to a new dimension about friendship. I liked the character Rose.

Chickenwings00
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chickenwings00.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Chickenwings00 »

This book is the real definition of real friendship. I like Sophia character. The review looks nice, I did enjoy it.

riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

Been reading a lot of positive reviews of this one, and now I'm intrigued. Nice review :)
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough

d_poloni
Currently Reading: The Kommandant's Girl
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d-poloni.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by d_poloni »

The friendship aspect of this novel is definitely one of the best parts of the story!

ssnider214
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssnider214.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by ssnider214 »

Thanks for giving such an insightful review. I'm intrigued to see how the author was able to weave so much about fly fishing into a story about four sisters and their relationship.

Mukukamm30
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mukukamm30.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Mukukamm30 »

It was interesting that the author was able to veer away from fly fishing but still maintained the core of the tale. I think she is a gifted writer.

Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by Ellylion »

Amazing book for sure! Amanda was my favorite among the girls :) Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”