Official Review: Hunted

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Official Review: Hunted

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hunted" by arah Biglow and Molly Zenk.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hunted, by Sarah Biglow and Molly Zenk, is a fantasy romance story centered around a vampire and a vampire hunter. Even after fighting for vampire rights through the Vampire Human Alliance, vampires are still regarded as second-class citizens or worse, as monsters. Thanks to the Red Cross Blood Assistance program, it’s easy for vampires to obtain blood legally and live more peaceful lives.

On the day of her 100th anniversary as a vampire, Edith Dorset is in charge of running a recruitment table to recruit humans to a 3-day live action role play (LARP) event where the vampires of the Heartsong clan show them what it’s like to be a vampire. During the sign-up event, Edith is shocked when one of the recruits has the exact name as her dead fiance. When a vampire hunter named Darren Paxton infiltrates the LARP event to look out for his younger brother Daniel, things go awry. A murder of a vampire lands Daniel in hot water when he is accused of the murder. With the clock ticking, Edith and Darren race against time to clear Daniel’s name. However, as tension and emotions steam up between Edith and Darren, Darren is forced to reevaluate his thoughts and opinions about vampires.

For the most part, I enjoyed reading this book. It read like a murder mystery novel mixed with romance. I thought that the plot was simple, but there was enough suspense to keep me engaged. The writing was clear and simple, and the book was well-written. I would say that this book is more character-driven than plot-driven. The ending concluded in a cliffhanger which left me wanting more and wondering about what is going to happen next.

What I liked the most about this book were the characters because they were relatable. I think the character that showed the most growth was Darren. Darren is very protective of his younger brother. He is also strong and stubborn, but he has a good heart. I wasn’t very fond of Edith’s character because she seems fragile and meek. Luckily, her character grows to become stronger towards the end.

While the target audience is for teens and young adults, I think older readers can also enjoy reading this book. There were a few grammatical errors, but they did not detract from the book. There were also a few sexually explicit scenes, so I would not recommend this book for younger readers.

Overall, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The suspense and tension kept me engaged throughout the book. I recommend this book for anyone who likes murder mystery stories mixed with romance and vampires.

Hunted
View: on Bookshelves
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This book seems to bring a different approach to the theme of vampires. It sounds very gripping. I love suspense books with fantasy and romance. Also, it's always great to read stories with great development like this one. Thanks for the insightful review!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I haven't read a vampire book before, but I might try this one. Thanks for the insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

This sounds like a book perfect for a cold day under a warm blanket. This is a familiar storyline that I like.
Thanks for an enlightening review.
Live and let live, baby.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I'm not exactly interested in books with vampires as its central characters, but this seems really interesting. Great review!
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

I don't roll much with vampires not because it's a myth, but it's just off.
Nath_chuks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nath-chuks.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Nath_chuks »

I enjoy reading books about vampires and this sounds like a good one. I'm definitely adding it to my list. Great review.
Misty20058
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misty20058.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Misty20058 »

I'm generally not a vampire book type of person, but this review makes it seem like a good read. Thanks for the great review.
Faresnassour
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Faresnassour »

This book sounds so interesting. I love a good thriller, and this seems like it fits the bill! I love the idea of his memory coming back slowly. That must add a level of intrigue to the story
americaperez11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-americaperez11.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by americaperez11 »

This is my kind of read! I love supernatural books (Vamps are my favorite). Some can get very complicated, so it's nice to have a simple read every now and then.
wiltifah2

Post by wiltifah2 »

It was a nice book although it sounded alot like twilight with the love and romance why do people always make romance and vampire stories it's not as eye catching to me
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I really love to read books based on vampire fantasies. Really enjoyed reading your review.
Adekye3

Post by Adekye3 »

Really enjoyed your review, I think am developing some love for vampires fantasies
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

What an interesting and novel take on the vampire scene! I love the idea of the LARP. Thanks for the informative review.
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
Shinet_9

Post by Shinet_9 »

This book has a very different side from the normal vampire stories we read about,the tension,expense and the emotions that I felt reading this was amazing plus it was easy to understand hence keeping me thirsty for more......ofcourse edith was that annoying girl that we love to hate ,after sometime I understood her but most of all I love that she grew into a strong being.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”