Review by Teele -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Review by Teele -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Teele »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

True friendship is a rare and beautiful gift. The world is filled with hatred and selfishness. It can be really refreshing to find truly selfless friends. The book, Reel Sisters, by Michelle Cummings, is based on the refreshing theme of friendship. I find it to be both interesting and enjoyable.

Friendships are mostly built on shared interests. This happened when Sophie met Rose in a fly shop. Rose happens to be a veteran angler, while Sophie is an amateur. At this first meeting, they bonded and exchanged contacts. In subsequent chapters, we see Rose and Sophie setting time aside to be together. Despite Sophie's busy schedule, she was able to make out time for her new friend. I especially loved the heart-to-heart discussions they had on these occasions. This book made it clear to me that close friendships do not have to be limited to just two. In time, Rose and Sophie's friendship accommodated three more women. Then, the story got a lot more interesting.

I observed that these five women are not of equal age. That struck a chord with me. I realized that there is always so much to tap from older ones. Therefore, forming close ties with them can be of tremendous value. There can be much to gain from their rich store of knowledge.

The author of Reel Sisters, Michelle Cummings, has done a great job of painting true friendship. The story is believable, with a well-defined plot. I learnt much from the selfless attitudes of Rose, Sophie, Amanda, Veronica, and Melody. This book contains detailed information on fly fishing methods, baits, gears and much more. It spiked my interest in fly fishing because it presented this sport in a very appealing way. In short, Michelle Cummings is giving you an expert's view on fly fishing.

This book was professionally written. It was properly proofread and easy to understand. The story did not derail from its theme. This book concludes with a list of fly fishing clubs and organizations. This can be of much value to those interested in the sport of fly fishing.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was excellently written. I found no typographical or grammatical errors in it. However, I observed that a little more humor would have added more color to the story. Apart from this, I find no other shortcoming in this book. It is a book of great value to those interested in building strong friendships. It is also of value to those interested in fly fishing. Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings has secured a permanent space on my bookshelf.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I reviewed this book and I've to admit that it's one of the books I've read. Am glad you also loved it.
Great review!
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

Honestly, this is one of the most touching stories about friendship I’ve read. I love how acceptance of people also played a role in this book. The bond between these women was admirable. Great review you’ve got here.
riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

Nice review :)
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Post by Vic Chimezie »

Lovely review from you. I enjoyed reading it. I have read a lot of reviews about this book and I applaud the women for engaging in a sport that is peculiar to men.
Teele
Currently Reading:

Post by Teele »

Seroney_ wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 06:38 I reviewed this book and I've to admit that it's one of the books I've read. Am glad you also loved it.
Great review!
Good to find a like mind. Thanks for sharing your comment.
Teele
Currently Reading:

Post by Teele »

Moray_001 wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 07:32 Honestly, this is one of the most touching stories about friendship I’ve read. I love how acceptance of people also played a role in this book. The bond between these women was admirable. Great review you’ve got here.
I totally agree! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Teele
Currently Reading:

Post by Teele »

riyosha wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 12:22 Nice review :)
Vic Chimezie wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 18:53 Lovely review from you. I enjoyed reading it. I have read a lot of reviews about this book and I applaud the women for engaging in a sport that is peculiar to men.

Thanks for taking the time to read through.
Divergent_2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divergent-2020.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Divergent_2020 »

The fact that these girls are of different age groups and yet have such a strong bond is one of the things that I loved too. Great review, Teele!
Teele
Currently Reading:

Post by Teele »

Divergent_2020 wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 06:49 The fact that these girls are of different age groups and yet have such a strong bond is one of the things that I loved too. Great review, Teele!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”