Review by Kerry23 -- Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kerry23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kerry23.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Review by Kerry23 -- Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Kerry23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sandra Eden's War" by Michael Low.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I rate this book - Sandra Eden’s War by Mike Low 4 out of 4 stars. I have given this rating because I believe that the book has been well written and edited. It is clear that the author put a lot of effort into researching the topic to be able to write a realistic story.

What I liked most about the book was that the author kept my attention the whole way through by using tense moments for the main character. The story never became boring or a chore to read and I found myself getting to know the characters well as the author took the time to add in little unique details for each character. There were no parts of the book that I disliked that would make me rate the book lower. There was one part towards the end of the story that described a painful experience for the main character and as I was not expecting it, I found it a little hard to read; however I understand that those situations happened during war time.

This book is a story that follows a female secret agent who is sent to France to carry out numerous tasks to aid in the fight against the Nazis. It begins with a scene where the main characters life hangs in the balance and this immediately grips the reader’s attention. The main character then goes on to deal with other characters who find it hard to accept that a female is the leader of their group. As this book is set in 1944, it was almost unheard of that a female would be in a leading position. During the story, the main character leads her group through many tasks, some successful and some more challenging which opens up more opportunity for suspense. Towards the end of the book, the main characters time in France comes to an end and the story follows her for a short while as she lives out her personal life before being sent on her next operation.

I would promote this book for an adult audience who have an interest in war time stories and events. If the reader finds pain being inflicted on a character hard to read, I would advise that they maybe reconsider reading this book as one small part towards the end of the book was a little unsettling. Overall, the book was very enjoyable to read and I would definitely recommend this book.

I found no typing errors or grammatical errors.

Sandra Eden's War
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”