Review by Fem187 -- Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fem187
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fem187.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Review by Fem187 -- Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Fem187 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rescued" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rescued: A JT Thomas Novel by E. Alan Fleischauer is a fictional book on adventures, love, hunting for bounty, and the miraculous and accidental discovery of wealth and fame that came with it.

The story begins with John Thurgood Thomas at a cave where he eventually discovered hidden treasure. While at the cave and looking into the distance, he spotted a lone carriage. Further focussing on the scene, he found out that there were three women captured and being pulled along by a carriage. He killed two of the gang, and two of them escaped. Unknown to him, one of the four women he thinks he rescued is part of the gang that kidnaped Annabelle, Dawn, and Erica.

This story is fascinating when you get into the flow of the story. The major part of the story dwells on the adventure of JT as he is often called and the many troubles that he came across in finding the love of his life, which happens to be one of the women he rescued.

Rescued is a book of 149 pages divided into thirty chapters, an epilogue, acknowledgment, and a short piece about the author. There is never a lack of excitement in this book. The author's mastery of words came into play on how he introduces new characters and make them fall entirely into place.

I love the storyline and continuously find myself wishing that JT will not come into harm's way on his many adventures. I still wonder how bad things happen to good people, especially how Annabelle died. I would have preferred a 'happy ever after' for them, but fate has other plans for JT. The part of the book I don't really like is the free use of weapons and the appalling disregard for the right to life by criminal elements. I also hate to see that Jean Cantrell was never apprehended in the book for all her numerous crimes to humanity. I would have loved to see her brought to justice.

This book is professionally edited, and I could not find any typographical error in the book despite my constancy in looking for one. I could find some missing punctuation marks, though, but that cannot stop my rating the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Rescued is a book that can be read and enjoyed by all age groups and all religious affiliations. I, therefore, freely recommend it to everyone.

Rescued
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I enjoyed reading your summary of the book.
Nice review.
anaplasticCerebrum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anaplasticcerebrum.html
Latest Review: Milton at Monticello: Thomas Jefferson's Reading of John Milton by Kemmer Anderson

Post by anaplasticCerebrum »

I agree, I was really rooting for JT. What happens to Annabelle is so sad.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

I love an adventure book that put you on the edge. And your review is top-notch. I will love to read the book too.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxiphemmax.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by maxiphemmax »

A fast paced adventure story, I'll surely try and check this book. Thanks for the review.
Bukola02
Currently Reading: Prince Player
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukola02.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Bukola02 »

This is a fascinating book I would like to know how JT would find out about the gang member he rescued. Thanks for the review
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I read this book soemtime ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. JT is truly an awesome guy! Thanks for your insightful review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”