Review by Vidya0811 -- Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vidya0811
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidya0811.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Review by Vidya0811 -- Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Vidya0811 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sandra Eden's War" by Michael Low.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

'Wow' just wow is what I would say for this book in short. You do not get to read many books of the war times, that you just cannot put down.

"Freedom is the only thing worth fighting for. It really doesn't matter if I die, because without freedom, there is no point in living" The author has simply expressed the feelings of the characters of this book in a nutshell, in the voice of the heroine, Sandra Eden.

This book is about the German Nazi invasion on the French. The book revolves around the activities of Sandra Eden, a British Special Operations Executive - SOE, the heroine of this book.it describes how she joins the Maquis group in France and fought against the Nazi's. She not only has to fight against the Nazi's but also has to prove herself as a leader amongst her team who are accustomed to consider women as weak for war. This, she proves with grace and valor. Every time she wins an operation, the reader gets excited too and you begin to feel a sense of satisfaction. Also when something threatening happens, you will find yourself at the edge of the seat, unable to keep the book down, until you know what happens next.

The author Mike Low has presented the events in such an entertaining and at the same time, meticulous manner. He has definitely done extensive research to get into simple details and is taking the readers to the days of the war. He has detailed everything during those times, starting from railway lines, rationed food and having to use beetroot lipstick:) and more.

There is not but a slight romance as expected but this is definitely a good read. No profanity or misspelt words. Only thing being, you might like and start using 'Cheerio' instead of bye.

I am very happy to give 'Sandra Eden' a full 4 stars out of 4. I can recommend this book to all those who like history and get a peek of life during the war times. It would still be a light and exciting read to the others. There is not too much violence, but definitely a lot of heroism.

Sandra Eden's War
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”