Review by Chiagbanwe -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiagbanwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiagbanwe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by Chiagbanwe -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Chiagbanwe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you are on a search for an exhilarating, breathtaking, suspense filled, mind-boggling, and electrifying book, then this is it!
The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is about the friendship of five independent women, which leads to self discovery, grief overcoming and learning to trust each other and more of themselves. Starting out first of all as a group of four, the fifth woman, Melody, literally gets washed into their group by the currents of a river. As the relationship of the five women gets stronger and their emotional and societal challenges get more pronounced, they discover they will need each other and fly-fishing to survive against whatever odds they come across. Discovering more of each other's weaknesses and untold secrets;having jolts of electricity travel through their bones; trying to untangle knots of their pasts; dealing with loss of loved ones, their fights and struggle work to accentuate the path they take to ultimate solution.

One relaxing thing about the book was the art of Fly fishing. In fact, it was the union of every character and event in the book. I have never seen anyone make fishing so exciting and possible with words as Michelle Cummings has done. The author has really done a good job of describing the intricacies and techniques of fly-fishing. The art came to live as each of the women discovered themselves and the core of their careers through fly-fishing.
Nature was at its best in the book. One could easily see the relationship between the environment and each character in the book. From the mountain streams of Colorado to the waters of the Frying pan river, the reader gets submerged in the waves and current, as the book is the boat leading you on.

Another great quality was that the reader would never disengage. You could almost hear your breaths coming in rapid gasps as you read. The words are so beautifully interwoven that they create excellent pictures in the mind. It would be hard to disengage with that kind of feeling.

It also seemed the book was written after a well analyzed study of the needs of the human body, mind and soul. This is because characters in the book experienced challenges and victories that anyone could associate with. In short, the characters easily flowed to life. Nothing was abstract about the book!

The arts of Photography and Music that were described in The Reel Sisters were simply soul reaching. As the meanings of each picture were explained, one could see that it was not just busy work but was filled with experience and passion. And the way nature seemed to create music of its own was heart stopping. You could almost hear and feel the music!

A distinguishing fact is that the book portrays the power and strength that can be found among women and in true friendships and relationships. It shows the potentials, of women, developed and tended by the sport of fly-fishing.

Another star on the wings of the book was the way it seemed to be a diary. The book was written in the first person, with each woman talking about her own experiences and pouring out her thoughts. It made the reader feel like he was reading through someone's mind.
I loved the way the book was filled with adventures, from bravely single parenting to heading a company to being single and finding a soul mate to hiking, each of the characters presents a major adventurous spirit.

The Reel Sisters is an excellent work of art, deliciously prepared and appetizingly served. The book was perfectly edited and entirely flawless as nothing was to be disliked about the book. I give it 4 stars out of 4 stars. It would certainly be fitting for someone looking for peace of the mind and soul. It is a propelling work for adventurous and adventure seeking persons and for those seeking inspiration that comes from girl power.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

The book did make me somewhat intrigued by fly-fishing, which is especially surprising given that I previously had no interest whatsoever in this. Thanks for the review!
Chiagbanwe
Currently Reading:

Post by Chiagbanwe »

:techie-studyinggray:
Last edited by Chiagbanwe on 20 Jul 2020, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
Chiagbanwe
Currently Reading:

Post by Chiagbanwe »

Tomah wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 01:58 The book did make me somewhat intrigued by fly-fishing, which is especially surprising given that I previously had no interest whatsoever in this. Thanks for the review!
I was also captivated by that kind of fishing. Thanks for the comment!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”