Review by Honest-reviewer -- Strong Heart

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Review by Honest-reviewer -- Strong Heart

Post by Honest-reviewer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The novel Strong Heart is written by Charlie Sheldon. It is a fictional novel that comprises of adventure, mystery and amusement. The story mainly revolves around four characters; Tom, Sarah, William and Myra. This story specially focuses on Sarah’s life, her journey and her strength.

One summer morning, Tom and his friend William along with his daughter Myra were packing their bags for an adventurous trip to visit Tom’s grandfather’s grave. Just then came Ruth, Tom’s ex-wife along with a teenage girl. She introduces the girl, Sarah, as Tom’s granddaughter whom he had no idea about. Then Tom had to reluctantly and forcibly take Sarah along with them on their trip as advised by William. During the trip, Sarah goes missing.. The rest of them do their best to find her. Once Sarah was found, she was not the same anymore. Her attitude, her behaviour had changed. How did the others try to find her? What had happened to her? Well, this is for you to read and know from the book.

Strong Heart is a great novel, the author has done a pretty good job in crafting the story. Sarah’s character is depicted very well. She has a tragic background which justifies her stubborn and arrogant behaviour. She is a girl with a “Strong Heart”.

I had a wonderful time reading this book. I especially appreciate the warmth and kindness Myra had towards Sarah, they share a beautiful bond with each other. Their trip and adventure is vividly shown in the book. The biggest appeal for me is the detailed explanation about the ice age, animals and the human evolution. I found it really informative. I felt like I was reading a book related to evolution or archeology. I feel overwhelmed when I get to learn new and interesting facts when I am reading a novel, this reflects the author’s passion about the subject and his book. Charlie Sheldon’s professional background might have helped him in writing these scenes more realistically. I especially enjoyed the twists and turns in the story which were quite unexpected.

I felt a little strange when Tom accepted Sarah as his granddaughter without thinking much about it. The experience narrated by Sarah after reappearing from the island was absurd. Her story had many characters with weird names which was perplexing. The author has given a highly descriptive picture of her journey which according to me was boring and unnecessary. It was so vague that I could not follow it completely. Despite of all these, the book was truly a page-turner.

I could hardly find any grammatical errors in the book and so I can say that the book is professionally edited. I really enjoyed reading this book. Therefore I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars. I do not have any strong reason to rate it lower than this.

The book contains a couple of marginal profanity but no erotic scenes. The story has amazing information and details about archeology, evolution and extinct animals. Strong Heart is suitable for the people interested in reading adventurous and informative books. I do not recommend this to sensitive people as it contain barbarous scenes which can be disturbing. So, if you are looking for something gripping and intriguing then I suggest you to go with this book.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a great read for everyone who loves family stories and mystery :) I am intrigued with this book, very many say it's really good. Amazing review!
Honest-reviewer

Ellylion wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 04:38 Sounds like a great read for everyone who loves family stories and mystery :) I am intrigued with this book, very many say it's really good. Amazing review!
Thanks! It’s indeed a nice book🙂
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

Looks to me like Sarah goes through a lot in this book. I hope she gets respite. Beautiful review.
Rubbi
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubbi.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Rubbi »

I liked the premise of the story and It's evident from your review that the author has done a great job. Brilliant review!
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

This book seems like an intriguing book and the characters seem well developed.
Great Review.
For me, For man & For God.
-Dee.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I'm currently reading this book and indeed, the plot of this book has been creatively developed.
Great review!
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

Sounds like a great book especially for those who wants to know more on family, thanks for the great review.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Honest-reviewer

Adanna Inya wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 16:59 Looks to me like Sarah goes through a lot in this book. I hope she gets respite. Beautiful review.
Thank you!! Yes, she does go through a lot
Honest-reviewer

Rubbi wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 19:59 I liked the premise of the story and It's evident from your review that the author has done a great job. Brilliant review!
Thanks😁. Yes, the author has done a great work.
Honest-reviewer

Dee_Robert wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 01:49 This book seems like an intriguing book and the characters seem well developed.
Great Review.
Indeed! Thanks for stopping by..
Honest-reviewer

Kanda_theGreat wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 11:12 I'm currently reading this book and indeed, the plot of this book has been creatively developed.
Great review!
Thank you! Hope you like it too..
Honest-reviewer

Phelicia Gloria wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 12:02 Sounds like a great book especially for those who wants to know more on family, thanks for the great review.

Yes, it is. Thanks for commenting!
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

I love when novels combine true facts and history with fantasy elements! I agree with you that this book had loads of factual information and that was one of my favourite things about it. I can't wait to read the next book in the series

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”