Official Review: Wyandotte Bound by George T. Arnold

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Official Review: Wyandotte Bound by George T. Arnold

Post by ayoomisope »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wyandotte Bound" by George T. Arnold.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wyandotte Bound by George T. Arnold is a fascinating book about men and women bound to the western town Wyandotte, Nevada, by circumstances or choice, and to them, bound means different things.

The book is divided into four parts (stories). In the first part, J. D. Rohr, one of the West’s most famous and feared gunfighter, meets the well-educated, refined, and wealthy Stephanie Van Shelton on his way to Wyandotte. As an attempt to live in obscurity, J. D. Rohr changes his name to Jesse Bodine and gets a job in Wyandotte. Everything sails smoothly for Jesse until his past comes knocking. The second part, which is set three years after Jesse arrives in Wyandotte, is about Dr. Frederick Carlisle, who leaves his luxurious lifestyle and affluent patients in Boston and settles in Wyandotte as a rural doctor. His fiancée, Honoria Lowell Blaire, is just as he used to be: pampered and wealthy. Will Honoria, even after being exposed to life in Wyandotte, agree to marry Dr. Carlisle and let go of her luxurious lifestyle?

The third part is set 15 years after Dr. Carlisle settles in Wyandotte. The town is about to undergo a massive change, but Preston Turner, the victim of an unfortunate accident, is bent on having his revenge by taking over the town. The last part, which is also about Dr. Carlisle, is set 23 years after he moved to Wyandotte. He visits Boston and meets with Honoria, but he is in for a surprise.

I appreciate how George T. Arnold smartly mixes western action with a bit of romance and drama. The writing is simple and involves noncomplex sentences. The stories are also straight to the point and devoid of any half-baked or jumbled secondary plots. I also love that the narrative is particularly intriguing and captivating from the very first page. The author is descriptive in his scenes and has provided interesting characters, with lessons to be learned from their lives. Wyandotte Bound is quite appealing, possessing just the right amount of western action and romance.

George T. Arnold weaves a tale of true companionship, love, selflessness, sacrifice, and forgiveness. The book symbolizes change and how people respond to it because there is a transformation that comes with it; Wyandotte, though a small town, is the magnet that brings transformation to these men and women. The book focuses on the power of love, family, and friendship, and although people such as Jesse and Preston can be victims of circumstance, humans are the designers of their own fate. Furthermore, the novel explores loyalty and the power of a true community.

I assign Wyandotte Bound a rating of 4 out of 4 stars, as I love just about everything about the book. The book contains vulgar language, so it is not suitable for a younger audience. Nevertheless, I would recommend the work to enthusiasts and readers of the western romance and action genre and people who love drama.

Wyandotte Bound
View: on Bookshelves
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samwisekoop.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

Post by Samwisekoop »

This sounds good! I think it is a good idea what the author did with all the time jumps. It sounds insightful and thought-provoking. It makes me wonder what my town will be like in 5, 10, or maybe 20 years. Thank you for your informative review! It is well written!
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel
FEislandqueen13
Currently Reading: The 19th Bladesman
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feislandqueen13.html
Latest Review: Doomsday by R. L. Gemmill

Post by FEislandqueen13 »

I have not read a western story for quite some time but this book has piqued my interest. nice review.
Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
:eusa-think: :eusa-think: :eusa-think:
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
2019florette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2019florette.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by 2019florette »

I like western movies and the drama that they bring. So the drama and romance you describe in this book has definately peaked my interest.
Chimdi_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdi-3.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland

Post by Chimdi_3 »

Stories of love, friendship and loyalty which spans across 23 years.The style is unique,would love to read this book.Good review.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

Based on your review, this seems like a gripping and very thrilling Western novel. Great review!
Cassyandra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Cassyandra »

A western novel is always a great way to go. I love how the author words his novel and the feel of the book!!!
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Your review seems promising. Would definitely spare some time for this one.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”