Official Review: Light and Transient Causes by Mel Hawkins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Re: Official Review: Light and Transient Causes by Mel Hawki

Post by Tommie H Odom »

Great review. The timing of the book is different and the government. It make you wander government of what. The book was very confusing. It also was boring to me. It appears that the government is like a dictatorship. I lost interest early in reading the book.

-- 06 Mar 2017, 23:12 --

Great review. The timing of the book is different and the government. It make you wander government of what. The book was very confusing. It also was boring to me. It appears that the government is like a dictatorship. I lost interest early in reading the book.
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

When you mentioned that this is the best book that you came across this year, trust me, I almost jumped to grab my copy. However, sadly, war based books are not my cup of tea :( Great job on the review!
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
Naumaan Mansury
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Naumaan Mansury »

amaizing
Janardhan Reddy

Post by Janardhan Reddy »

Good review, Created interest to read this book, keep going
cherlyn
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by cherlyn »

This fiction book is one of the best books I have ever read! Awesome! :)
Imrana

Post by Imrana »

Awsome imoresses by the script which came to the mind of the author! May this be the change foe all the people!
Texas_Jazz2016
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7394">Into the Fire</a>
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-jazz2016.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Texas_Jazz2016 »

Good review. I was a little confused reading the beginning sample. Your review helped to clarify for me. This is not a book I would normally choose to read but sounds interesting.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one. George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Hneite
Currently Reading: The Shadow Rising (Wheel of Time, #4)
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reading Device: B0B3PSRHHN

Post by Hneite »

Great review, i am adding this book to my to read list. Love books that is set in near future. But i could not help myself noticing you name the characters in the book actors :)
RaineyReview

Post by RaineyReview »

The book is fascinating in its own ways. The cover and title don't really pull you in, and for a lot of today's young readers the cover is what brings the in. Off the subject of appearance, I found the book interesting, but the whole "government taking over" this was a little to close to how the world is turning. I prefer a more unrealistic read. Now off my opinion and onto the facts. It was well written, and not a hard read. Though it isn't my choice of genera I enjoyed it.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

"The U.S. Government has begun to cleanse the American population of minority races." This statement gave me the jitters. So realistic!
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

I like the review on Light and Transient Causes by Mel Hawkins in this light of the United States. The review is vivid and takes me through its setting of a possible future for our government. I cannot wait to read the whole book.
dapsy

Post by dapsy »

Its worth reading for both fiction readers and non-fiction readers.
This Novel is centered on the "Free City of Indianapolis," which was created by the Leaders of ReGenesis (One African - American) and the Resistance ( middle class professionals) by joint forces with the City Encampment. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

I agree that the title needs to be changed. :eusa-think:
The idea of the book seems interesting, especially in light of the events unfolding in the world since the last year. The review is well-detailed and encouraging. Congratulations to the author on a positive review!
Azrevread
Currently Reading: Orcas Forever
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azrevread.html
Latest Review: Ten Directions by Samuel Winburn

Post by Azrevread »

Great review! The book sounds like a fascinating novel to read- political thriller, set in the future, etc.
After reading the review, I plan to read the book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”