Review by tayloremily -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tayloremily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayloremily.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Review by tayloremily -- The Reel Sisters

Post by tayloremily »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a wonderful story about relationships and fly fishing adventures. I will rate it a 4 out of 4 stars. I chose this rating because I thoroughly enjoyed the story and it seems to be professionally edited. I love a good adventure story.

I can relate to this story in a lot of ways. I had my heart broken young, never thought I'd find my husband I have now. He changed my life for the better. I am a country girl, born and raised that way. I am raising my own daughters to be strong and independent country women like myself. I've always had a love for fishing, ever since I was a little girl. I have been hunting and fishing my whole life. I have never tried fly fishing though. This book makes me want to try it.

Sophie, Veronica and Amanda have been friends for a long time. They all have families or lives of their own that they enjoy and struggle in just like anyone. They share an adventure and vacation time over and over again as they stay in the family cabin together year after year. Fly fishing, hunting and bonding is always the theme. One is a former city girl, one raised country and the other just a born natural at fly fishing. They always have so much to do together. Amanda's husband is in the military, so she single parents a lot. These trips are a great escape for her. Rose is the sweetheart that lends her family cabin. Without her and the wonderful event of fly fishing, none of these women would have met. Sophie is a single woman who's life revolves around fishing. Veronica is a city girl married to her handsome hunk of a husband who stole her heart and makes her dreams come true. This time at the cabin, things look like they may go a little differently.

I love how this story is about friendship. Unfortunately for me, I lost any good female friendships over the years. Betrayal and life itself made me loose those and I never found the trust to regain another friendship. It's rare when people can connect and stay that way. I appreciate the authors touch on this topic. I however have my amazing husband who is also my best friend. For that I am forever grateful.

Once again there is nothing I can say I don't like here. I recommend this book to women 18 and older. It is a positive book filled with wonderful learning experiences and adventure. If anyone doesn't like that then I guess this book isn't for them. Fishing stories are either boring or incredible. It all depends on the story teller. This one was great.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”