Official Review: Reputation To Reward by Yolanda M Smith

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipochashe.html
Latest Review: Body in the Woods by Behcet Kaya

Official Review: Reputation To Reward by Yolanda M Smith

Post by Chipochashe »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Reputation To Reward" by Yolanda M Smith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Reputation to Reward is a non-fiction work by Yolanda M. Smith on personal branding. She defines personal branding as the way one communicates and demonstrates their relevance and business character. She emphasizes that every person is a brand. Are the people around you seeing your intended impression or do they have a different impression of you? How can you build a consistent and recognizable brand? Should your personal and professional brand be different? Why should you have a brand? These questions are addressed in this book.

The author makes use of simple language; no business or finance jargon that is bound to confuse. She uses a conversational tone. She gives her lessons with real-life, easily recognizable examples such as Steve Jobs and Apple. Anecdotes of her life lessons are strewn throughout the book. This gives insight into her journey which an everyday person like myself can identify with. She would like her readers to know what she wishes she could have known at the beginning of her career.

What I enjoyed most was the author’s emphasis on authenticity. When you are yourself in every environment you get in, it makes you more productive and joyful. She demonstrates that people connect better with someone honest. Fake behaviour confuses people and builds mistrust which is not good for business. I enjoyed her personal stories which were very relatable. She also provides some exercises to do to help assess your brand image and build your brand signature. There were only a few minor errors such as misspelling by letter omission and a missing full stop. These were not detracting as I could have easily missed them if I wasn’t on the lookout for them.

I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about this book. The chapters flow well into each other. The information is very relevant. The exercises were meaningful. It was easy to read and understand. The book is short, even busy professionals can read it with minimal effort. There is bonus reading material at the end which gives more information about managing your brand on social media as well as managing a brand crisis. These are very vital in today’s world as your reputation can be ruined overnight by a careless word or hateful people. There is space provided to write personal notes at the end of the book which comes in handy, especially when using a hard copy.

This book deserves a full 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to everyone starting from teens onwards. You will find it useful in both your personal and professional life.

Reputation To Reward
View: on Bookshelves
:D Only God gives the strength to smile in the face of death.
Mrunalpatki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunalpatki.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Mrunalpatki »

Great review. This seems like a good self-help book to pick up when looking to grow your small business.
Think before you review. Read before you think. :techie-studyinggray:
GiselleBengochea
Currently Reading: Nathan Turner and the New World Order
Bookshelf Size: 1720
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gisellebengochea.html
Latest Review: Terror In Manila by Frank Q. Aurillo Jr

Post by GiselleBengochea »

:liar: Reputation To Reward by Yolanda M. Smith highlights the manner in which one communicates and demonstrates one's relevance and business character.This is defined as personal branding by the author. This is food for thought because first impressions are lasting. What you portray to others will definitely define your character. Excellent review!
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

Awesome. I think I would love to read this so i can know how to create and maintain my personal and professional brands
Beautiful review.
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:

Post by Chipochashe »

Mrunalpatki wrote: 23 May 2020, 01:38 Great review. This seems like a good self-help book to pick up when looking to grow your small business.
Yes it is. It is good for employees too. Thank you for commenting Mrunalpatki.
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:

Post by Chipochashe »

GiselleBengochea wrote: 23 May 2020, 09:30 :liar: Reputation To Reward by Yolanda M. Smith highlights the manner in which one communicates and demonstrates one's relevance and business character.This is defined as personal branding by the author. This is food for thought because first impressions are lasting. What you portray to others will definitely define your character. Excellent review!
Thank you for your comment Giselle.
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:

Post by Chipochashe »

:oops2:
Laurina_Olowo wrote: 23 May 2020, 11:13 Awesome. I think I would love to read this so i can know how to create and maintain my personal and professional brands
Beautiful review.
Thanks Laurina. Enjoy the reading.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

OK, the book sounds to include those lesson I would like to learn. Generally, I do love reading books that teach life's lesson. You have an informative review.
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:

Post by Chipochashe »

Sunday diamond wrote: 23 May 2020, 14:13 OK, the book sounds to include those lesson I would like to learn. Generally, I do love reading books that teach life's lesson. You have an informative review.
Thanks for your comment Sunday. Enjoy the reading.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

This book sounds like a detailed one. I may have a thing or two to learn from the information contained in this novel. Nice work.
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:

Post by Chipochashe »

Caffrey_19 wrote: 26 May 2020, 15:16 This book sounds like a detailed one. I may have a thing or two to learn from the information contained in this novel. Nice work.
Thanks Caffrey. Enjoy the reading.
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Edwin Amah »

People connect more with people that are honest and themselves than fake not also forgetting that you are a brand. This author really got me. I have always had the opportunity to speak to people about positioning themselves because everyone is a brand and what people see in your brand is what you are.

The review is really impressive and I applaud the author.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”