Review by Sumansona1344 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumansona1344.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Review by Sumansona1344 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Sumansona1344 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is an amazing, lovely, and adventurous story. The story took me into an unbelievable adventure along with its characters.

Tom meets his granddaughter, Sarah, when his ex-wife, Ruth, comes knocking on his door. She leaves Sarah with him as she seems frustrated by Sarah's behavior. Tom is in his place along with William and Myra. Myra is William's daughter. They had a plan to go on camping the next day but they changed their plans and took Sarah along with them. Sarah does not like camping and gets irritated by everything. Later, she gets along with Myra. Sarah sees a bear and makes its realistic sketch. Everyone thinks that it was a normal bear but Myra. That night, Myra discusses it with his father and they both realize that they are not the ones taking Sarah along but Sarah is taking them on the trip.

Sarah is a thirteen-year-old girl whose mother has died and lives with her stepfather. She visits her grandmother due to circumstances that leave her with Tom. Her character is shown as rude and irritating in the beginning but as the story moves on, we come to know about the real courageous attitude of Sarah. She is far braver than other characters. Sarah goes on an adventure that was unbelievable for others. Everyone thought that she was making a story. The trip transformed her and shows the reader a true picture of her character. But the real question is - Is she telling the truth about her unbelievable adventure? Will anyone believe her? On which adventure did she go? Or was it just a dream?

Their trip was not just an ordinary trip. In the beginning, it was an unfinished business of Tom and later, it turned into something more. I really loved the title of the story as it made complete sense. My favorite part was the one where I found out the story behind the title. The character development seemed real. The side characters also play an indirect role in transforming their journey, such as, Ruth, the guards, etc.

The details of the story are good. The author gives a well-detailed picture of landscapes. I really loved the story and never wanted it to end. The book is different in a good way. It also has details and facts about history. The history of the place made me curious to know more. Moreover, I really wish I were able to see Sarah's sketches.

The book has minor profanity. It has no erotic scenes. I only found punctuation errors in the book which can be easily ignored. It is suited for people of all religious beliefs and age. I did not find anything to dislike in the book. I was able to complete this book in a few hours.

I would rate the book 4 out of 4. I rated it a perfect four because of the above-mentioned reasons. I would recommend it to everyone who is interested in adventure, mystery, legends, and suspense. This story can be better described as a magical story of courage.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like a pretty well-rounded book, and it's a plus that it's also well edited. Thanks for the review!
Jacktone Ogada
Currently Reading: A Cobbler's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacktone-ogada.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jacktone Ogada »

I like how well detailed your review is. I'm a fan of adventure so I will give it a try. Nice review!
:tiphat: Lead by reading :techie-studyinggray:
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

Lovely review! Your keen eye for detail and thorough take on the plot points of the book tell us all we need to know. Happy reading :techie-studyingbrown:
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:

Post by Sumansona1344 »

gen_g wrote: 16 May 2020, 04:40 This sounds like a pretty well-rounded book, and it's a plus that it's also well edited. Thanks for the review!
Thank you for your response!
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:

Post by Sumansona1344 »

MeganDJ wrote: 16 May 2020, 07:10 Lovely review! Your keen eye for detail and thorough take on the plot points of the book tell us all we need to know. Happy reading :techie-studyingbrown:
Thank you for your response! I am grateful that I could help.
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:

Post by Sumansona1344 »

Jacktone Ogada wrote: 16 May 2020, 05:11 I like how well detailed your review is. I'm a fan of adventure so I will give it a try. Nice review!
Thank you for your response! Yeah, you should! I am sure you will like it. The adventure in the book is far different from usual books. It includes historical tales and at the end, no one knows if the adventure was Sarah's imagination or reality. I think that it was real.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Post by moowshiri »

The book sounds quite intriguing from your review. The minor profanity and the zero erotic scenes would definitely be much to my liking.
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:

Post by Sumansona1344 »

moowshiri wrote: 17 May 2020, 05:25 The book sounds quite intriguing from your review. The minor profanity and the zero erotic scenes would definitely be much to my liking.
Yes, it is really a great book. Thank you for your response and I hope you will like this book when you read!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”