Review by Caffrey_19 -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by Caffrey_19 -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Caffrey_19 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An amazing story about a union of five adventurous women who share their best moments fly fishing together in Colorado. Most of the women became fly fishers as a result of peer influence, since they didn’t know much about the sport. Along the line, it evolved into something they enjoyed doing. They gradually grow fond of themselves in an association that leaves them feeling privileged to be a part of.

These women, hailing from different works of life, come to know each other and feel a connection that could only be solidified. The idea of going on a vacation near the river, all in the name of fly fishing becomes an adventure that fulfils a greater purpose. Asides testing their skills at the river, these women get on well with themselves, like sisters who miss growing up in one big family home.

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a novel that appreciates true friendship, love, passion, recreation, peace, kindness, hospitality, gratitude, sisterhood and positivity. Michelle did a good job in representing safety, trust and nourishment. He also emphasizes on the importance of solidarity and unison. Melody (the latest member of the real sisters) can be seen as a case study in relation to these attributes. She felt safe back at Rose’s cabin, and getting to meet the four friends gave her a glimpse of what she might have been missing her whole life, an eclectic group of women. Melody felt entertained by their liveliness, and honoured by the treatment she received. The experience was captivating as she went on reminiscing on the impact her newly found friends have made in her life.

I like Michelle’s use of a third-person omniscient point of view throughout this book. Since the narrative covers the lives of five friends, the reader is allowed to assimilate the position of each role from a vantage point. I also enjoy the author's technique in character development. It helps me to comprehend easily. I now know the level of discipline required to become a good fly fisher.

The Reel Sisters actually surpassed my presupposition as I wasn’t expecting it to be this inspiring. I learnt a lot about the little details in relationships and how vital they can be. This has prompted me to give it a 4 out of 4 stars. The book was professionally edited, the profanity was minimal, and the message was crystal clear.

If fly fishing, sisterhood, educational or drama books interest you, then this book is for you. If you are a thriller or an action book lover, this might not be a good read for you. I also recommend this novel for people who feel deserted and are looking for a reason to socialize. It might please them to know that there’s more gain being social than antisocial.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

Glad to read you enjoyed the book as much as I did ☺️
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:

Post by Caffrey_19 »

Leen282 wrote: 09 May 2020, 13:26 Glad to read you enjoyed the book as much as I did ☺️
I absolutely did.
:tiphat:
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I read this book too and appreciated it as much as you did. Great review!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

A beautiful review you've got here. I'd love to read this book. I just might be the target audience because everything this book portrays, I love. 😊
I'd love to learn about fly fishing. Thanks for this informative review.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:

Post by Caffrey_19 »

espo wrote: 10 May 2020, 05:25 I read this book too and appreciated it as much as you did. Great review!
It’s a lovely book. :tiphat:
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:

Post by Caffrey_19 »

Zee_Zee wrote: 11 May 2020, 04:01 A beautiful review you've got here. I'd love to read this book. I just might be the target audience because everything this book portrays, I love. 😊
I'd love to learn about fly fishing. Thanks for this informative review.
This book will draw you to its heart, really.
snowbear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowbear.html
Latest Review: What am I by stephen Thiele

Post by snowbear »

This feels like a heartwarming book to read. I don't know much about fly fishing but it's nice how the author used this to connect and draw these women together, creating a safe and nourishing space for them. Thanks for your great review!
DBNJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbnj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by DBNJ »

"The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a novel that appreciates true friendship, love, passion, recreation, peace, kindness, hospitality, gratitude, sisterhood and positivity".

You have summed up the book quite well. An excellent review!
‘In a world that increasingly obsesses over the gods of power, money, and fame, a writer must remain detached, like a bird on a rail, watching, noting, probing, commenting, but never joining. In short, an outsider.”

-Fredrick Forsyth
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:

Post by Caffrey_19 »

DBNJ wrote: 13 May 2020, 00:43 "The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a novel that appreciates true friendship, love, passion, recreation, peace, kindness, hospitality, gratitude, sisterhood and positivity".

You have summed up the book quite well. An excellent review!
Thanks for stopping by.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:

Post by Caffrey_19 »

snowbear wrote: 12 May 2020, 11:00 This feels like a heartwarming book to read. I don't know much about fly fishing but it's nice how the author used this to connect and draw these women together, creating a safe and nourishing space for them. Thanks for your great review!

It truly is heartwarming. Thanks for stopping by.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I reviewed this one some time ago, and I loved it. Nice review 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This seems like a good introduction to fly fishing, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the review!
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by vitalisvicky »

The Reel Sisters seems to be an interesting read. I enjoy reading stories about women and this one sounds enjoyable. Thanks for this review: it gave a glimpse of what the book contain.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”