Review by FaithMO19 -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
FaithMO19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmo19.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Review by FaithMO19 -- The Reel Sisters

Post by FaithMO19 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Five women, all with unique backgrounds, are united by their love for fly fishing. Their friendship directs them to love, grow, and step out of their comfort zones. How do these women develop? How do they help each other discover their passion?

The reel sisters by Michelle Cummings is a work of fiction that possesses some elements of romance. The author of this book performs an excellent job of convincing the reader to be interested in fly fishing. Before I read this book, I had never heard of fly fishing. Now that I have read it, I am so hooked that I would like to try it out someday- hopefully with my reel sisters.

This book teaches a lot of lessons about fly fishing and relationships. From the pages of this book, I have learned to value every relationship. I have learned to genuinely love and be kind, to be strong and bold, to step out of my comfort zone.

My favorite moment in the book was when the women were together in their cabin, laughing and teasing one another. It was so authentic that I could feel the happiness oozing from the book, and I could not help but feel happy with them. These women are always there for one another, they tell one another the truth, no matter how bitter it is. It is challenging for me to select a favorite character; I love each of them equally. The one to which I can relate the most is Melody. She is bold and fierce. She does not care to impress anyone; she does only things that make her happy, this makes her real.

Each character develops beautifully as the plot unravels; they each realize their ambitions and help one another succeed. They learn to love and open up more. They learn to step out of their comfort zones and how to deal with grief. This, in my opinion, is the prevalent theme of this book. The author, while equally educating her readers on fly fishing, teaches pertinent lessons to our survival in life. My favorite statement from the book is one made by one of the reel sisters. “Friendship is a great gift, one that should never be taken for granted. Like the river transforms the land, the bond of friendship can transform your life.”

This book has a grim ending and if I had the power, I would write a happier ending. This book is excellently written and can be read by anyone. Those that are uncomfortable with the usage of profanities might find it difficult to enjoy this book because they appear often in it. No errors were noticed, so I’d infer that it was expertly revised.

I rate the reel sisters by Michelle Cummings 4 out of 4 stars because of its informational and inspirational content. The characters are so real and relatable that I experienced every emotion they felt. Humor and sarcasm are evident in this book; I genuinely appreciate the conscious effort of the author to make the book enjoyable. I enthusiastically recommend this book to anyone that loves reading and is interested in learning about fly fishing. After reading this book, you would want to try fly fishing.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This book sounded enticing until I read that it has a grim ending. I don't enjoy books with sad endings as they leave me depressed. Therefore, I think I will pass on this one. I loved your review, though!
IJ_reads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by IJ_reads »

A friend of mine recently read this book and she had only good things to say about it. You're right about the sad ending. She didn't handle that well at all. Your review is well-written.
Readerslead
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Readerslead »

This is incredible! I have never heard of fly fishing before but reading this review has brought it to my attention. This sounds like a great book. At first glance one would think that this book is boring considering it's title. I am not sure how I'd handle the grim ending but I'll figure something out. Great review!
Books_rock
Currently Reading:

Post by Books_rock »

To think that a book on fly-fishing can be this interesting is incredible. I better go see what this is about
dios794

Post by dios794 »

Sad endings make me happy, how ironic.
Thank you.
Jesus Sterling

Post by Jesus Sterling »

Any book that teaches people to value relationships is a great book. I'd love to go fly-fishing someday too!
The writer of this review obviously did a very good job with this one, thank you

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”