Review by sterdiz -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sterdiz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sterdiz.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by sterdiz -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by sterdiz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings. Four out of four stars. I loved how this book was easy to read. The paragraphs moved smoothly from one to the next. The grammar was easy to follow. Overall, the message of friendship and passion of fly fishing was inspirational. The reader enjoys learning about the lives of nearly all of the characters. The reader learns about running a business, following a hobby, leading a family, and making friends. Along with the storyline, the reader enjoys journal-like descriptions of fly fishing and other interests of the characters. The characters’ effort and passion is inspiring.

I loved reading this book. My favorite element was the friendship that the characters expressed with each other throughout the entirety of the book. The characters loved each other. At times they disagreed and argued, but like good friends they helped each other improve and became stronger friends. The text and story flowed easily. I loved the interest that the characters had for fly fishing. I also loved how they expressed sincerity, kindness, and love towards each other. Their relationships had depth. I would have enjoyed the book more if there was less swearing and elicit details. Also, I felt like the author would have improved the book by explaining more about how the characters overcame their tragedy. This book appealed to me because I like learning about the interests of others. I enjoy learning about what others enjoy.

The five main characters are introduced—four of them already know each other. Four of the main characters meet every year at a cabin in the mountains to fly fish. A large amount of detail is shared in how they fly fish and the cathartic effect it has on them. The characters have responsibilities such as raising a family, running businesses, upkeep of houses and property. The fifth main character is introduced and meets the other four characters later. One of the characters assists in giving life advice to the others. All of them enjoy how fly fishing strengthens their relationships and helps them manage their busy lives. Much of the time they spend fly fishing is preparing the tools and practicing casting. Aside from fly fishing, the story switches from the perspective of one character to the next, helping us learn more about each character and how fly fishing impacts each of them.

The second part of this book describes their developed friendships and their interest in fly fishing. The characters personal lives become very difficult and tragic. Some of the characters experience good change. All of them love fly fishing and use it as a source of relief. The characters receive new beginnings along with their fly fishing tradition. One character shares a deep secret which adds meaning to the story and strengthens the women’s relationship. Another character considers a life decision that she never thought she’d face.

Readers who enjoy the outdoors, developing friendships, and learning about the goodness of nature, religion, and friendship will enjoy this book. People who are looking to find inspiration from a hobby may find motivation from this book. Readers who like horror or informational literature may not like this book.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Victor Nnamdi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor23nnamdi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Victor Nnamdi_ »

I enjoyed reading your review. I love the backstories of these five amazing women.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”