Official Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Official Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Post by Reynaa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sucsexful:" by Rachel Martin.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Sucsexful by Rachel K. Martin, the narrator opens with describing her sister. This sister seems to be the definition of perfect to the narrator. From there, the author drifts off into introducing many random characters and even more random scenarios. The aim of this book, from what I could understand, is for the author to inform others about her fabricated word "sucsexful" and what she believes it means.

I struggled to come up with a summary of this short story, which is also labeled as a poem. Sucsexful is nonsensical and difficult to read through. There is not a coherent storyline, it is lacking any character development and there is definitely no plot. Characters with odd names are mentioned randomly in sentences, with no introduction or explanation and then disappear from the rest of the book.

One section that stood out and made a slight bit of sense, is when the narrator is speaking about two gay characters. The author writes, "I hope they don’t get a disease. People should stop doing that kind of stuff. All that gives us a disease. We should make this everyone a virgin until they get married declaration day." This was an offensive and uncalled for section of the book.

One other section that seemed quite sexist is when the author seems to be describing how young women use sex to get ahead in life. I have to believe this is the author's own personal beliefs because the book seems to have no consistent narrator. At some point, the writing seems to become the author's own nonsensical thoughts. Rachel K. Martin seems to have written this "poem" to spread her personal, narrow-minded perception of how people use sex to gain success. Martin comes across as preaching, at times, as in this excerpt, "Groom the start, I don't spread the legs of secession and meager attitudes. There's a life and happiness, steadiness, or failure to sucsexfulness."

I disliked the entire book. I could not firmly grasp entire sentences and the moment I thought I may have understood, the next sentence is senseless. The writing is jumpy and incoherent. I read through sections multiple times to decipher what the author was writing about and I am still confused. In summation, I would describe this book as a clutter of nonsensical drivel spewed out and labeled as a short-story.

I have to rate this book one out of four stars. If I could give this book a zero star rating, I would. There are many errors on the few pages within Unsucsexful. I do not believe it has been professionally edited. I will not be recommending this book to anybody.

Sucsexful:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

I'm really sorry you had to read this book. I can only imagine what it was like through your very well written review. Thanks for your honest insight.

Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Post by Reynaa »

Ogoskino wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 05:27
I'm really sorry you had to read this book. I can only imagine what it was like through your very well written review. Thanks for your honest insight.
Thank you for appreciating my review! I tried to be unbiased and gave the book a few reads to try and understand any meaning. I just couldn't and I dreaded writing such a low-rated review (my first)!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”