Review by sterdiz -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sterdiz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sterdiz.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by sterdiz -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by sterdiz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

02/16/2020

Man Mission by
Eytan Uliel. 4 out of 4 stars. Very descriptive, to the point that the reader became engrossed and felt like they were experiencing the story along with the main character. Entertaining enough that the reader laughed at the humor and irony, and cried at the tragedies. Paragraphs flowed, making the story move easily.

I liked the detailed, personal descriptions of the main characters experiences at the various locations he traveled to. I felt like I was really there and also part of his group. At times I laughed along with his friends and suffered at their troubles and fears.
Uliel was very good at expressing the travels in a delightful and awesome manner. However, as good as this book was, there were parts that disappointed and distracted me. The plethora of profanity was overbearing and some of the erotic descriptions drew me away from the story for some time.

The first part of this book builds the remarkable life of the narrator, introduces the characters and gives their backgrounds. The upbeat attitude and knowledge of the main character is impressive. His family and educational background gives him a respected perspective. The reader is entertained and, at times, envious at the narrator's experiences and entertaining relationships with his friends. There is so much description and detail. The narrator has an active imagination which keeps the reader well connected. The reader can almost see the narrator's experiences. He builds a remarkable life and pattern that keeps the reader wanting more. I felt part of the story, enjoying it along with the characters.

The second part of this story reflects on serious life decisions and is at times dreadful. The reader can sense a looming disaster. It has been building steadily and the anticipation is thick. Fortunately, however, the descriptive experiences of the narrator draw the reader away from the fearful future. At times, the narrator and other characters describe detailed ecstacy filled with laughter and wonder. The experiences also share great peace from a tragedy still yet to come. The story does become sad with a sadness to match the exhilaration experienced since the beginning of the book. The narrator recovers from great tragedy and shares a phenomenal life lesson at the end.

I believe the audience that will benefit furthest from this book is adults who are interested in visiting adventurous locations on Earth and want to know more about what it means to be a man. However, this book does have a large amount of profanity, starting on page 20. In addition there are a couple of erotic descriptions.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”