Review by Maurica27 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maurica27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maurica27.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Review by Maurica27 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Maurica27 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a wonderful story of a young girl's journey with her grandfather and his friends. It starts as a simple hike and ultimately helps Sarah to find her path in this world. This was an incredible story of journey and growth and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The story line catches you from the beginning and the characters develop very well throughout. There was minimal profanity and no erotic scenes. The book is very well written with no major grammatical errors.

The part I liked the most was the way Sarah was portrayed both with her grandfather and throughout the story. She is first portrayed as a troubled girl, but the story focused more on her triumphs and successes than her failures.

There was not one specific thing I didn't like. If anything, maybe some more time could have been spent on her backstory, but this was not the focus of the book.

Overall, this is a book that spans many generations and would appeal to a large variety of readers. It is a story about coming of age, but it is also a story about heritage and respecting where you come from. The author did a great job merging the present and past and you want to keep reading to find out where it ends.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”