Official Review: The Sixth and Seventh Day Man....A TRILOGY

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jgideon
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: The Sixth and Seventh Day Man....A TRILOGY by Robert M. Pollack

Official Review: The Sixth and Seventh Day Man....A TRILOGY

Post by Jgideon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Sixth and Seventh Day Man....A TRILOGY" by Robert M. Pollack.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The kind of evil that provoked God to cause the flood that wiped out millions of people during the time of Noah is a Biblical fact that we may never fully comprehend. From the creation of Adam and Eve, the fall of Cain and the increase of evil throughout the world to the building of the Ark, Noah stood out as a Bible character that portrayed extraordinary obedience to God. Robert M. Pollack’s The Sixth and Seventh Day Man: A Trilogy is based on the initial generations of mankind up to the time of the flood.

The book has 500+ pages. Book One revolves around the family of Adam and Eve with a special focus on the fall of Cain and the way he was banished from his homeland. Book Two is about the kind of life that Cain and his wife built for themselves in the land of Nod, their new home, and how they prospered. It also introduces an interesting feature of the Book of Enoch. Book Three takes the reader to the family of Methuselah, Noah’s grandfather, and how influential the family was during their times.

Although the book uses Bible names and stories and is written by a born again Christian, it may upset many Christians, especially due to the presence of detailed descriptions of crime, murder, and sex scenes. I was not happy with the way the author picked Bible stories and wrote them in a manner that would offend Christians. Although I understand that there was a need to show just how vile the people of Noah’s generation were, I do not think it was necessary to include strong explicit murder, sex, and horror scenes. One may even doubt the author’s born-again status.

I liked the adventure aspect of the book. In book one, Cain and his wife left their home in search of a place they could call home. They traveled to the land of Nod, a place they had never been to before, using Captain Nebon’s ship. The journey through the waters was not an easy one and I always looked forward to the next surprise element that the author would pull into the story. In Book Two, Enoch’s walk with God revealed many things including the creation of a map to the Land of Adam through the great Turbin Mountains. There were also other phenomenal events, such as the journey of Emperor Rama-Dan-Doo to the city that was created by Cain. In addition, the series of events that led to the collapse of the two main cities happened in a mysterious way. Later on in Book Three, the discovery of the Book of Enoch and how Noah, his wife, and Lamech used it to trace the home of their forefathers came with its load of adventure.

The contrast between the Sixth Day Man and the Seventh Day Man was mainly based on race and belief in God. I would not recommend this book to anyone who is easily offended by issues of racial discrimination and people who are strongly religious. Readers who don’t mind such will enjoy reading the book. It is not appropriate for children.

2 out of 4 is my rating for this book. I noted several grammatical and typographical errors that claimed a star. I did not like the explicit scenes of murder, sex, and a whole lot of horror, which made me knock out another star. I didn’t give it a lower rating because the author showed great mastery in world-building.

The Sixth and Seventh Day Man....A TRILOGY
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 125
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: Carmels With A Side Of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: A Boy Who Mattered by Marshall Frank

Post by kdstrack »

The author chose an interesting trio of families to highlight in these stories. It's disappointing to see that the author went overboard with some of the descriptions. I enjoyed your review. Thanks.

Shabram22
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shabram22.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Shabram22 »

I personally think that during the the time of Noah the people were indeed very sinful and I can see that there may have been murder, sex and horror. I'm still deciding whether to read this book or not though. Thanks for your honest review.

Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Head Waggling in Delhi
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: Norah by Cynthia Argil

Post by Laura Lee »

Thanks for your review. Not sure I agree with knocking off another star for something as subjective as violent and sexual content. I would think removing stars should have more to do with the writing itself rather than more subjective elements. It sounds like a book that would be difficult to classify: a topic that won't interest anyone but Christians, but written in such a way as to offend a lot of Christians. Thanks for the review!
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
Latest Review: Norah by Cynthia Argil

Amy747
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Amy747 »

This book was definitely written with a very niche reader in mind but unfortunately im not one of those.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”