Review by Echo Haapala -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Echo Haapala
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Echo Haapala -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Echo Haapala »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you looking to go on an adventure without leaving your living room? Man Mission by Eytan Uliel will bring you on many. Follow a group of four men on their wild yearly adventures. Embark on wild experiences and dine on unique cuisines. Along the way, you will laugh, learn and possibly shed a tear. Either way, you are in for one impressive journey.

The storyline of Man Mission is energetic! It was one of my favorite things about this book. Each chapter is a detailed account of the yearly man mission. During these trips, the men challenge themselves to undertake what they call, “manly tasks.” For example, the men completed a 200-mile bike ride during one trip and ice climbing on another. As a reader, I was transported to many different locations, including Iceland and Thailand. I was also able to embark on their adventure, experience the different cultures and learn new things. One of the men enjoys trying new and unique cuisines. Through his story, I learned a lot about different delicacies.

Not only does the reader get to tagalong on these adventures but they also strap in for a heartfelt journey. During each man mission chapter, the author writes about what has transpired over the last year in his personal life. There are 15 missions revealed in this book, which means there are approximately 5,475 days of personal ups and downs for this group. There are proposals, weddings, babies, affairs, deaths, cancer scares and divorces. It is the ultimate adventure of hitting rock bottom and struggling to find oneself. To be honest, when I initially began reading this book, I was hooked just because of the man mission stories. The personal life stories are a bonus and made me appreciate the book that much more.

I cannot decide which portion of the book I enjoyed more, the man missions or the life journey. Both were entertaining and eye-opening. In my opinion, the combination of the two created a riveting book. It is because of this the combination plus the energetic storyline that I believe this book deserves a 4 out of 4.

As for recommendations, I would recommend this book to men and women. I think both would enjoy the adventures and journeys described in this book. I believe this read is more suited to a mature audience because there is a bit of explicit language and sexual content mentioned. Additionally, this book has been professionally edited. I only noted one error while reading.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”