Review by Meeks7272 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Meeks7272
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meeks7272.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by Meeks7272 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Meeks7272 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I'd give this book four out of four stars. This exciting story follows an Australian man for over 15 years, and introduces us to his best friends and adventure partners. We are first introduced to our voice when he is in college, and the idea of a "Man Mission" is first brought up between him and his closest friends. Fast forward a few years, and this crazy idea of a daring mission becomes a reality, and then a tradition. The book is not written in a traditional novel format, but instead each chapter is a mix of a summary of the past year of Eytan's home life, mixed with the details of his travels, and the times when emotions from the two settings intertwine.

Each man mission leads Eytan Uliel and his friends to a place they have never been before, ranging from Japan, Spain, and South Africa. Their time in these countries is never dull, as their days are jam-packed with thrilling adventures such as mountain biking, kayaking, ice climbing, and more. The purpose of these trips aren't just to get away and relax, rather they are to heighten the senses and bring a sense of awareness to the men as they put themselves in dangerous situations. All the while, Eytan uses these life-changing moments to reflect on the changes in his personal life over the past year- and it all comes down to his definition of being a man.

This story is perfect for anyone who enjoys reading travel stories, or is looking for an escape. The troubles Eytan experiences in his personal life over the years makes the adventures seem more exciting, and to any reader who may be struggling in life or feeling stuck, our author's escape from his relatable woes makes for an interesting read. I was captivated by this book immediately, as Uliel is honest and hilarious in the way he describes his adventures. It is now my favorite travel book.

I'd give it four stars not just because of personal preference, but also because of the way that it is written and the editing skills used to publish it. I did not find a single typo, nor did I find a spelling or grammatical error in the story. There is lots of profanity, including swears and details of Uliel's life in the bedroom back home. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend this book to an immature audience, as the adult themes could distract from the point of the story. Otherwise, the book is incredibly well-edited, with no traces of a mistake that I could find. If you are the type of person to look for any mistake you can, then this book would be a real challenge for you.

Overall, Man Mission was a well- written, exciting and enjoyable adventure that I think most anyone could enjoy. If you are looking to get into travel books, this is a great way to start, and if you are familiar with the genre, this is a must- read. The book was easy to understand, funny, and could be relatable to most adults feeling a need for the sense of adventure. This is a story I would highly recommend to anyone who is interested.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”