Review by PattyPatterson -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PattyPatterson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pattypatterson.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by PattyPatterson -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by PattyPatterson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Man Mission is a dream come true for a college guy and his buddies. It began with two friends who were soon able to convince another two friends to join them, so most of the missions were completed by all four men over a 15 year period. The author and his friends Sam, Daniel and Alec take adventurous trips each year. These trips include activities that require them to travel by their own power. They hike, bike, kayak and climb through some very beautiful and remote places.

While I loved reading about the adventures of the author and his companions, I loved reading about the feelings shared and the ups and downs of the author's relationships and family problems even more. It's very insightful to read about these things from a man's prospective and I think it would benefit most women to do so as well. The book talks about what it is to be a man and the stress it causes for men to be expected to live up to all of these manly expectations.

While Man Mission is very adventurous and exciting, there is also plenty of danger involved. The author describes each activity and location in great detail. He also describes his interactions with the locals and the food that the four friends eat along the way. The men forge a deep friendship and these trips become and annual tradition and a time for bonding for each of them as they learn to accept each other for their individual strengths and weaknesses. Each man has his own strengths, but every man has a weakness as well...... and to whine about the journey earns the man doing the whining the honor of wearing the pink bracelet.... at least until someone else begins to whine.

I really enjoyed this book. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. The book was perfectly edited. I didn't notice any typos or errors. The reading of this book was like looking into the author's soul. While I love the adventurous aspect of the book and all of the beautiful and exciting trips described, the spirit of the book is what really drew me in and kept me wanting to read the next chapter.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”