Review by jerrypru -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jerrypru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerrypru.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by jerrypru -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by jerrypru »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is an exciting story that involves risk and adventure as four college friends travel to different destinations yearly, in an attempt to get away from the stressful lives that they encounter every day. The main character and his friends; Alec, Daniel and Sam, survived through thick and thin as they encountered everything from capsizing with their kayaks to sleeping on the beach. They overcame different challenges with fear, pain and sense of brotherhood between them as they constantly stuck together. It all commenced some years after college with a phone call from Sam to the main character and it is at this point what had started as an idea became a tradition.

After the establishment of Man Mission by Sam and his pal, the other two friends reluctantly joined their tradition with Daniel being the first to join followed by Alec. The four men finally commenced with Man Mission with the main character constantly trying to find and understand himself as a man and his role in the community. He also underwent many relationship challenges and embarrassing moments constantly trying to prove his manliness to his friends. Eventually after a few Man Mission’s they began establishing ‘Man Mission Rules’ with each man playing an important role such as “The Organizer”.

The book features humor as I found myself laughing at some of the scenes. It also entails mystery and many painful moments especially for the main character. Though romance is not the main theme of the book, it certainly plays an important part in Man Mission. I loved how the author included quotes both from the Bible and famous people. The story shifted between past and present which enabled the author to give further explanations on their past while some were simply foreshadowing.

I enjoyed the fast-paced story especially since the author gave detailed introductions of characters and furthermore, his great descriptive skills enabled me to picture the places as if I were actually there. I found it interesting that the author gave a few historical backgrounds to some of the places they visited for Man Mission. I enjoyed viewing the story from a man’s perspective as he faced different challenges, how he dealt with them and how he handled his shortcomings. The book only had a few grammatical errors.

I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars because despite the few grammatical errors and multiple profane words, I felt that the book was professionally edited and I genuinely thought the book to be interesting and inspiring. I would not recommend the book to people who take offense in profane words. Anyone who is a fan of adventure and travel will love Man Mission.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”