Review by norahchiry -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
norahchiry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-norahchiry.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by norahchiry -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by norahchiry »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man mission

This is an epic story of four friends who set out on a journey that became a yearly ritual. In his book Man Mission, Eytan Uliel documents his journey together with three of his friends Sam, Daniel and Alec over a 15 year period.

When we are young, we live and breathe our dreams. This is where Man Mission journey starts- from a dream. The only difference is that these young friends decided to act their dreams by taking the first action which cumulatively added to the 15 years journey. Their first mission begins in New Zealand and the final one in Iceland. All the missions complete with adrenaline-rush activities. This became a ritual that would help them get away from the pressures of life. The friends, found comfort in sharing their pain of troubled marriages, sickness scares and career challenges.

When I picked this book, it was like picking a mirror. I saw my dust gathering dreams begging me to pick them up, dust them off, and set them free. Free to start their own mission too. I loved how the author related to the challenges and the vicissitudes that are always part of life's journey. The narration was emotionally gripping that I found my self teary at the stories of pain, loss and suffering.

Served inside the pages of this book, are life changing lessons that will change you as they did to me. Like Tolstoy would say, love is only real if its happening now. And so it is for life and the journey of life. Life is all about being present in the journey despite the pain and suffering. Man Mission is about moving forward, making the journey, taking the steps no matter how small. This steps, will eventually lead to giant leaps of discoveries, possibilities, self-awareness, self-knowledge, fulfillment and happiness.

I would recommend this book to any adult male who wants to learn and unlearn the meaning of an authentic man, and by extention the significance of life's journey. Women can also gain alot by reading this book, as it is an honest window into a mans world complete with real human emotions.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 for it is excellently written and well edited.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”