Review by oluchiokere84 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
oluchiokere84
2019 Reading Goal: 6
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 166
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchiokere84.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Review by oluchiokere84 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by oluchiokere84 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission describes each of the fifteen trips that were taken by some or all of four best friends to a different part of the world once a year. They included visits to places like New Zealand, Iceland, Japan, Africa, and Vietnam. During such trips, they engaged in activities that are exerting and challenging such as climbing an ice wall, swimming, hiking and biking through very long distances with many obstacles on their path. They thrived on their ability to overcome challenges that they deliberately set for themselves on each journey, and each endured great trials and did their best to avoid being judged as the weakest of the link. The relationship they had with the women in their lives and their children is also a very interesting sub-theme.

I learned a lot from the book about the importance of preserving the love between spouses, especially when the children start arriving. The inability to do this is the cause of many cases of infidelity as I have found out. Just as the seventy two year old Japanese guide told the men, it is very important to tell a spouse, parents, sons, and daughters every day, that you love them. It is the secret to a happy life. The vending machines in Japan for items such as food, painkillers, and sex-related items were quite amazing to me. I couldn’t help but wonder how many people would become jobless if the machines were installed in the area I live in.

I didn’t dislike anything about the book. However, I didn’t understand the relationship between some of the scriptures in the book and the message in the chapters they preceded.

I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. It was well edited. The author- Eytan Uliel gave it his best. He clearly expressed his thoughts and keeps his readers glued to the pages to know more about each adventure.

I think that the book is a good read for intending couples or those who just got married. The knowledge of the challenges which the protagonist and his friends faced in their homes would help many couples, especially wives to understand better how the male mind functions. It would also help them to avoid making mistakes which are similar to the ones they made, and hence prevent divorce. Many men would also enjoy reading this book. However, it is not suitable for children, so that they won’t nurse ambitions of carrying out some of the activities that were described in it before they are much older.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

espo
Currently Reading: Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 402
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espo.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by espo »

You wrote a very insightful review. I also read the book and rated it 4 out of 4 stars! It was a great read. And I agree with you that I could not see a relationship between the scriptures and the contents of the chapters they preceded!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"

Julius_
Bookshelves Moderator
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

Having read the book. I like the adventurous aspect of it. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”