Official Review: The Tales on the Sand by Némo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fernando Purba
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 25

Re: Featured Official Review: The Tales on the Sand by Némo

Post by Fernando Purba »

Another thing to note is that there are so many fantasy stories spread in the public, so the author must be very clever in choosing what kind of story to write. This is important because an experienced reader might get bored with the story, and it is possible that he will easily guess what the ending is like.

Even so, a true writer certainly likes challenges.

the advantage of the book is the main character who has a strong motivation.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

I enjoy reading short stories; the lessons contained in this one make the stories attractive to me. One can also use one or two wisdom nuggets in their life by reading this book. I will add it to my shelf. Thanks for your beautiful review.
AJGarrison17
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AJGarrison17 »

I believe young men and women could learn from a book like this. It teaches something important and valued. From what I have gathered this book could go somewhere if it hasn't already. Good job!
kadinkins14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kadinkins14.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by kadinkins14 »

The reincarnation aspect is a bit of a deterrent for me. However, it sounds as if this book does offer some wise tidbits to use in life. The extremely long sentences would bother me too. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Hi_low
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hi-low.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Hi_low »

Based on your review I am really interesting in reading this book. I can tell from your interaction with the piece that the stories will likely be very intriguing.

Excellent review. I like that you cited specific examples and were very precise and detailed about why you gave the rating you gave.
lord mathrix
Currently Reading: Eggstravagant Easter Eggs
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by lord mathrix »

Seems the book has some lessons to teach :) :wink2:
gayscott
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayscott.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by gayscott »

:tiphat: I enjoy short stories at times; but since this one deals with reincarnation, it's not one for me. Thanks for the review.. Glad the author took your advice and made some corrections.
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. :reading-6: :reading-6: :angelic-cyan:
B renda
Currently Reading: Forever Strong
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by B renda »

I love short stories about real life but and I think this is what I was looking for,some mystic parts are bit very interesting even though I don't believe in 'rebirth' things.
a-b-c-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-b-c.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by a-b-c- »

You did a wonderful review it was well written. I can understand the short story's if the author was writing the stories like bedtime stories or in storytime form. I only read books that have more than one story to my children and that's one story out of the book for that night the next is for the next night and they go to bed talking about the story. May the author was trying to appeal to teens that might read a story before going to bed with the idea that they would think about it and get a peaceful sleep. You said in your review that may people that practiced cultism might want to read this does this book have killings or blood in it is rated.
xxqueenforadayxx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xxqueenforadayxx.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington
Reading Device: B07PS7Y8SX

Post by xxqueenforadayxx »

I'm not big on reading about spiritualism but I do love short stories. The rebirth and intergalactic stuff sounds interesting too. I'll have to check it out if I get the chance to on here
If life ain't just a joke, then why am I laughing?
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Fernando Purba wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 03:09 Another thing to note is that there are so many fantasy stories spread in the public, so the author must be very clever in choosing what kind of story to write. This is important because an experienced reader might get bored with the story, and it is possible that he will easily guess what the ending is like.

Even so, a true writer certainly likes challenges.

the advantage of the book is the main character who has a strong motivation.
Very insightful thanks a lot.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Nkoo wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 14:18 I enjoy reading short stories; the lessons contained in this one make the stories attractive to me. One can also use one or two wisdom nuggets in their life by reading this book. I will add it to my shelf. Thanks for your beautiful review.
You are welcome Nkoo. The stories are worth reading.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:

Post by LeDiplomatique »

AJGarrison17 wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 14:23 I believe young men and women could learn from a book like this. It teaches something important and valued. From what I have gathered this book could go somewhere if it hasn't already. Good job!
Definitely, I was awed by the author's creativity. Thanks a lot.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:

Post by LeDiplomatique »

kadinkins14 wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 20:04 The reincarnation aspect is a bit of a deterrent for me. However, it sounds as if this book does offer some wise tidbits to use in life. The extremely long sentences would bother me too. Thanks for the review.
You are welcome kadinkins. Despite the reincarnation aspect, it is worth sampling.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Hi_low wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 21:40 Based on your review I am really interesting in reading this book. I can tell from your interaction with the piece that the stories will likely be very intriguing.

Excellent review. I like that you cited specific examples and were very precise and detailed about why you gave the rating you gave.
Thanks a lot Hi-Low. It is a creative book and the author took his time to produce quality.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”