Review by Budhal -- The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Budhal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-budhal.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by Budhal -- The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Budhal »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Spirit of Want" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love is a complicated concept. It happens to us in the most unexpected situations. Sometimes it is hard to explain why we love someone. It is a beautiful feeling to love and to be loved. But as much as it gives us wings, love can also break us to pieces. One such story of love and choices is this novel that I am going to discuss about further.

The Spirit Of Want is an other fiction novel written by William H. Coles. It follows the life of Lucy MacMeil, a career oriented woman, married to Luke Osbourne, an eye surgeon. In spite of being married to Luke, she falls in love with Hower Bain, a TV-evangelist accused of sexually molesting a minor girl. Lucy abandons her husband and child, in order to be with her love, Hower. Was her decision of leaving her family for love right? Was she able to live happily with her love, and without her family? To know what happened, you must read this book because I am not going to give you any spoilers.

The story is interesting and thought-provoking. I felt that it was quite close to reality. It really makes you ask questions to yourself about what love actually is. Is it alright to hurt others in the process of loving someone? The characters were flawed which made them believable. I was able to relate to them. I liked how the author narrated both personal and professional experiences of the characters.

The writing style of the author is simple and effective. I did not find more than three typos. So I can say the book is professionally edited. This was my second book from the same author. I must say the author did not disappoint me at all. I really liked the premises of the book and would like to read more books written by William H. Coles.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed reading it. It was informative and discussed about certain topics like God, religion and life. The good points of the book out-weigh the three typos. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading stories that discuss the complexities of human beings and their behaviour. Someone who likes reading stories that are close to reality would love this book. It is indeed a must read. I would not recommend this book to anyone below 18 years of age since it has some inappropriate content.

The Spirit of Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
What isn't said is as important as what is said.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”