Review by MOBUTCHER -- Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MOBUTCHER
Currently Reading: Coexist
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mobutcher.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Review by MOBUTCHER -- Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons

Post by MOBUTCHER »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons" by Sam Brand.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I really enjoyed reading the book Dolphins Don't Run Marathons written by Sam Brand as I could connect with it from a runner's point of view.

The book is very cleverly written, with each chapter being a mile in a full marathon. The book categorizes people into 3 different types of animals and explained what the animal trait is for that type of person, which I found to be humorous. Throughout the "marathon", the reader is made aware that running may not be as important as other events in your life, and that you may need to slow down and just take everything in or you could be missing out on activities with family and friends just to train.

My favorite part of this book was that it was about the running world which I could really relate to. I really enjoyed the comparisons to the different animals. This book for me did not have anything that I disliked in it, I thoroughly enjoyed this book as I could see myself in the author, and know the struggles that the author had gone through.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and I thought the book was exceptionally well edited.

This book is perfect for a runner to read, or a runner who is struggling with their training. I think the author is trying to let us know that it's ok not to have to run the big run and that the smaller runs are just as important and take less of our precious time away from the people and things that really matter in our lives.

Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”