Review by Sana Rabbani -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sana Rabbani
Currently Reading: Geraldine
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sana-rabbani.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by Sana Rabbani -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sana Rabbani »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is a brilliant story of four friends, their yearly adventurous trip to a remote and challenging locale with a bittersweet sneak up into their personal life affairs. Unlike a travelogue or a romance story, this book has its each chapter set aside for a new adventure that is tightly-knit with a yearly life update of the four of them. The story is narrated from the viewpoint of the main character who remains unnamed throughout the novel.

This yearly activity begins with the main character. His desire is to take a break from life responsibilities, shut every connection with the world of duties and gladden oneself living a life unregulated. This desire is worked into reality as soon as the narrator and his friend Sam start working in the corporate world and become independent adults. The two of them make it to New Zealand for the first ‘Man Mission’ which later on becomes a regular occurrence for straight fifteen years. The team invites their long-time friends Daniel and Alec as well to make their adventure fun-filled and highly organized. Soon, this one week ‘Man Mission’ grows into a regular annual trip to exciting places such as New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Fiji, Vietnam, and Hawaii.

All the four energetic men with their desire to challenge their valorous macho strengths go in pursuit of engaging themselves in highly demanding activities. The team opts for a rugged activity such as Kayaking, Cycling, Hiking, Sailing and Ice climbing to make their adventure, each time, more physically challenging.

The most like-able element in the novel is that at one place it gives the reader excitement about the highly demanding adventures. While at the other, the narrator’s backstory adds the necessary thrill for the reader. As his 'married life' experiences good and bad times, his personal desires and financial challenges are also advancing with the effect. Bringing the main character to a stumbling position where he must exert himself and ensure his financial sustainability in order to make his marriage work for him.

In short, in the novel ‘Man Mission’ it is the action and emotion brought altogether at one place which made the reading experience exceptionally contemplative and enjoyable for me. It is a story of adventure for the one who loves to travel. A narrative to disclose the world of men for the one who intends to discover their life struggles in a society where they seem to have more influence and power over the other. The novel is outstandingly edited with absolutely no grammatical mistakes or spelling errors to be noted. Having nothing in particular to be disliked, I rate the book with 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it to everyone out there looking for a light, comforting and an insightful read.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

kashifrabbani
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kashifrabbani »

I am highly convinced by this review and would most probably go for reading the book, as I also love to travel and experience different chaos of days and nights.

Ateeqa Altaf
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ateeqa Altaf »

Really clear and very well written. I have revamped my "must read book list" based on this review! Thank you Sana Rabbani!

Sana Rabbani

Post by Sana Rabbani »

kashifrabbani wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 06:04
I am highly convinced by this review and would most probably go for reading the book, as I also love to travel and experience different chaos of days and nights.
Thank you, for giving it a read and leaving your comment. :D

Sana Rabbani

Post by Sana Rabbani »

Ateeqa Altaf wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 06:07
Really clear and very well written. I have revamped my "must read book list" based on this review! Thank you Sana Rabbani!
I would love to see you reading this one :D . Thank you for the comment.

Sana Rabbani

Post by Sana Rabbani »

Ateeqa Altaf wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 06:07
I would love seeing you read this one. Thanks a lot for the comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”