Review by Mamakachi1 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mamakachi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamakachi1.html
Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler

Review by Mamakachi1 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mamakachi1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This story made such an interesting read! Man Mission is a fiction book by Eytan Uliel and I found myself constantly laughing and chuckling at the escapades vividly depicted in this book. The book is fun, goofy and refreshingly exciting.

The book tells the annual adventures embarked upon by four friends over the space of 15 years, their families, their career choices, their fears and strengths, failures and victories. They had a Man Mission Charter which formed the rules and regulations guiding the adventures which they took on yearly. They were always trying to push their limits and outdo each other’s performances. With each passing year, they aimed at engaging in more daring adventures than the previous years. The friends undertook adventures which involved cycling, hiking, swimming, water sledding, kayaking, safari rides, paddle boarding, ice climbing and aurora hunting. They were faced with dangerous situations like walking into gun welding drug peddlers, having near drowning experiences, hiking on injured limbs, suffering from hypothermia and having a face-off with an elephant.

One of the things I liked about the book is that amidst all the attempts to outdo each other’s performances, they maintained a healthy competition amongst themselves, constantly looking out for each other, encouraging and cheering themselves to take on the world at large. They formed a bond which was able to stand the test of time. Also the author gave an excellent account of their activities while on the trips, while giving snippets of what they had been up to in the time between the annual adventures.

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel will interest the young, fun loving, audacious and free spirited individual who will appreciate their adventurous experiences across unfamiliar terrains as they were vividly described in this story. I will recommend this book to anyone who has a good sense of humor and does not take life too seriously. However, I will strongly recommend that children and minors do not read this book as there are quite a number of swear words and erotic references made in the book.

I will rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars as I truly enjoyed reading this book and it was properly edited. It has a great story line with depth portraying relatable real life situations touching on all areas of their lives which includes their social, cultural, economic encounters with others while on the adventure and how they dealt with these situations while having the time of their lives.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”