Review by Praise1989 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise1989
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise1989.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by Praise1989 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Praise1989 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Book Title: Man Mission

Author: Eytan Uliel

Man Mission is an insightful multifaceted story and meditation on men's life journeys. In this book the author wrote how their desire to travel from one country to another became a fifteen years mission of four men. It was a traveling adventure of hiking, racing climbing and biking.

The author narrated their visit to New Zealand which happened to be their first mission. Though they were two who started the first mission but it was completed by one of them due to their improper planning towards the journey. He sustained an injury on his knee ligament which made him not to continue the hiking mission and was conveyed out of desert with the help of drug dealers, the only humans they ever came across in the desert of New Zealand.

Eytan Uliel narrated how their exploration to places gave them the opportunity to make new friends as to understand other people's culture and activity. I will not forget his reaction when he was to go completely naked in presence of other men as to take his bath. His reaction almost made me laugh out my breath. Traveling is the fastest way of bringing the neighbouring country to your door step. That is seen in the Japanese hot patch which he used in treating his strained muscles during their second mission after which he purchased them home.

Traveling is not just part of education I will say it is education itself. Through their traveling life adventure they discovered that other men feel the same way they do. Man Mission is filled with life lessons which everyone that read the book will learn from. The most important thing I learnt from the book is the words of Mr. Takeda to the author and friend that men do not talk how they feel also don't know how to talk with women.

Though the book is voluminous but I never knew when I got to the end. One can actually finish the book in one sitting because of the funs, actions, laughs and motivations. I won't forget to add that the book was well edited that I couldn't find any typographical and grammatical error. The above reasons will make me not to rate the book below 3 or 3 out of 4 stars. I therefore rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

The most compelling part of the book was the aspect of the men getting to know that fatherhood is deeper than just getting married,having children and good pay job. Because they all became fed up at different stage, though the writer lost his marriage to divorce which he later attributed to his failure to understand human feelings. I therefore recommend the book for every married persons out there, it is a revelational book for the man seeking growth and fulfilment and for the woman who is seeking to understand the working of the male mind.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”