Review by MissUnderstood1 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MissUnderstood1
Favorite Book: Man Mission
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missunderstood1.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review by MissUnderstood1 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by MissUnderstood1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission: Four Men, Fifteen Years, One Epic Journey by Eytan Uliel is the story of a man and his three longtime best friends' journey into adulthood. While in college, the nameless narrator tells his friends about his wild idea of going on an annual man only adventure to exotic places all around the world. A few years after graduating, they decide to make his dream a reality. And the annual Man Mission is born. It’s as much a story of exciting and sometimes hilarious adventures as it is about the male self-discovery process.

What makes a man “a man” is a question that’s asked throughout the entire book. But, if that all important question gets answered remains to be seen. As the men push themselves to the limit by hiking, biking and kayaking their way across beautiful locations, they test their physical limitations to the extreme. While dealing with the realities of life, their mental limitations are put to the test as well.

Man Mission is a very well written novel. The description of each annual quest was so vivid that I could close my eyes and see every detail as if I were there. The book kept me engaged until the last page. I feel like the book gives excellent insight into the internal struggles of a man.

What I liked most about Man Mission is the narrator’s personal journey. He goes through many ups and downs throughout his adult life trying to find himself. He talks about insecurities that I didn’t even know men think about. The author, Eytan Uliel, is a magnificent storyteller making it hard for me to dislike anything about this book. I could see this story as possibly being a movie one day.

I would give Man Mission: Four Men, Fifteen Years, One Epic Journey 4 out of 4 stars. It’s an emotional roller coaster for men, filled with vivid tales of amazing adventures. It’s also a wonderful tale of lifelong friendships. I loved the bond these men have with each other that lasts for a lifetime. Men can learn a lot from this book about the bravery of being vulnerable.

It seemed to be professionally edited with no noticeable typos or spelling errors. Because there is profanity and a few mild sexual themes, I would not recommend this book for children. I do recommend it to men who enjoy stories of rugged, manly escapades. I would also recommend it to women who might be interested in learning about the most vulnerable thoughts of a man.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”