Review by onepiece2 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
onepiece2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onepiece2.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Review by onepiece2 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by onepiece2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission is a novel about four men who travel the world together. At first, the idea of traveling was a silly idea in college, but it soon became an annual tradition known as “Man Mission”. Over fifteen years, these men went hiking, kayaking, or biking in places such as New Zealand, Japan, Peru, and Iceland. During these adventures, they take a break from their daily lives, meet new people, and learn what it means to be a man.

Throughout the years, the group of men build their careers, get married, and have kids. While they have an idea of how their life should be, they soon realize that life does not always go as planned. As a result, Man Mission became more than a vacation. It became a time for the men to support each other, and a way to gain insight on how to overcome their own personal adversities in their everyday lives.

I appreciated the maps that the author, Eytan Uliel, provided for each country. The maps are located at the beginning of each chapter, which really helped me to visualize where the men traveled to. Additionally, there is a list of everything that occurred during each adventure. The list includes the location, mode of transport, distance covered, time taken, accommodation, and what they learned during the trip.

I enjoyed the development of each character as they grew up and went through life. It was interesting to read about their transition from young adults to adults. The events that happened to each character made the book very relatable and engaging. However, I did not enjoy the constant use of the word “manly”. In the book the characters repeatedly mention how they would feel manly if they did certain things. While this follows the theme of learning what it means to be a man, I found it to be very annoying.

I rate Man Mission 4 out of 4 stars. The characters were interesting, relatable, and the story kept me very engaged. I did not find any grammatical errors in the book, so the book was exceptionally well edited. However, there was a considerable amount of bad language used throughout the story. For this reason, I would not recommend this book to a younger audience. Additionally, due to the manly theme of the book, women may not find this story enjoyable to read. Therefore, I would recommend this story to men who love action and adventure books.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”