Review by diamonnd -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
diamonnd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamonnd.html
Latest Review: The Trouble With Student Affairs by Dorie LaRue

Review by diamonnd -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by diamonnd »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission, written by author Eytan Uliel, is an intriguing tale filled with adventure and chaos, both in the wild outdoors and within the home. The book centers around a sort of second coming of age, following the tales of four young men as they grow into mature and responsible adults. This band of friends established a tradition of a yearly getaway full of thrilling adventure, new experiences, and freedom. Amongst the whirlwind of their mundane daily lives, this annual adrenaline rush serves as a source of stability and comfort for the men.

I most enjoyed the way that the author formatted the story. Uliel carefully crafts his narrative to transition between tales of the yearly “Man Mission” and events of his home life. Each chapter opens with an intriguing anecdote, ensnaring the reader’s attention from the very beginning. The first few sentences of the book detail the main character fearing for his life amongst a band of drug dealers, which is more than enough to catch any reader’s attention. The smooth transitions between domestic life and travel were incredibly impressive and never appeared to be sloppy or rushed. Despite the jumps in time and location between the sections, the plot ran steadily through its course, connecting the two parts of the characters’ lives.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. All the components, from the wording to the plot kept me engaged and eagerly anticipating the next page. The book appears to be targeted to the male reader, however it is an enjoyable read for all people looking for humor and thrill. There is no shortage of entertainment between the pages as each scene is detailed so well that the reader feels transported to the location alongside the characters.

Man Mission appears to be very well edited. As I was reading, I was unable to locate typos or grammatical errors in the text. The sentences were structured well and fit the flow of the story. Each chapter ended nicely with sufficient conclusion to the events of that chapter’s adventure.

Overall, I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. This plot flows beautifully and offers a healthy balance between humor and contemplative thought. The ending leaves the reader feeling satisfied with the tale and having sufficient closure. It was refreshing to read a book that was relatable in so many ways and comforting to know that even in daily life, happy endings do exist.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

esp1975
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by esp1975 »

Congratulations on your first published review. I like the way you talk about the transitions between the "man missions" and every day life, as that is one of the things I have wondered about.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”