Review by Rawan Alamin -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rawan Alamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rawan-alamin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by Rawan Alamin -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Rawan Alamin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a novel about friendship and how different people can become friends by just sharing one thing in common. In the beginning, you feel like it's a book about fly fishing and it is. But it talks about the sport in a descriptive way that will help you understand the sport more. The story unfolds when the four friends: Sophia, Rose, Amanda, and Veronica are fly fishing by the river and they stumble upon a girl who lost her balance and fell down the river. They pull Melody out of the water and immediately she joins their little group. Every one of them is busy with their own life, Sophia is having a hard time in her love life, Veronica is a busy businesswoman, Melody is trying to find herself, Amanda is single-parenting two kids while her husband is working in Afghanistan and Rose who is like their mom. But they gather every once in a while to go fly fishing together.

What I liked the best about the book was the combination of friends, the five friends were all coming from diverse backgrounds and living their life in a different way. The author wrote the characters in a good way and it didn't feel like they were merely characters in a book but like they were sincere and three dimensional.

What I also liked about The Reel Sisters was the knowledge I gained about fly fishing and how different it is from normal fishing, it makes the reader feel like they want to try it. The description of nature in the book was amazing as well, you feel like you are there by the river with them enjoying the wind and the sight of water.

The mix between using the dialogue sometimes and biography in another chapter helps to uncover the nature of each character. It helps you to understand the characters in a good way and doesn't feel like the author is just jotting down information. 

There is nothing that I didn't enjoy about the book. The book was written in a good way; I didn't come across any grammar errors nor spelling mistakes. Professionally edited.

Almost anyone can read this book and enjoy it, yes it talks about fly fishing and not many people know about fly fishing and I am one of those people, yet its also a novel about life and relationships and you can indeed learn a lot from it. Therefore, the audience of this book is massive.

I enjoyed reading this book and feeling like I am their sixth friend. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars and I recommend it to everyone.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”