Review by aPaige01 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aPaige01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apaige01.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by aPaige01 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by aPaige01 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

At first glance, Man Mission by Eytan Uliel seems fit for young adult men, but upon further exploration, I found it to be a good read for women as well.

As stated in the title, I believe the target audience is men, but I do not think the audience should be limited to men. It would be an enjoyable read for anyone. However, I would not recommend for people that do not wish to read works of fiction that contain religion, or people sensitive to the use of profanity. That being said, this book seems like an awesome read for a male book club. The usage of Holy Bible scripture was confusing; the verses preceding each chapter did not always relate to the chapter and the story could have flourished equally as well with out it.

This story follows four young men as they graduate from university and begin their lives as men, following the teachings and lessons passed down by their predecessors. Jobs, followed by wives, then followed by children are what the men believe to be the perfect recipe for happiness. However, when hardships and inexplicable emotions take root, the men learn many valuable lessons on what it truly means to be a man.

This amazingly detailed narrative draws you in and holds you there, making it feel as though you are battling the rapids or pedaling alongside traffic right along with the characters, and next thing you know, you have read fifteen pages and the sun has gone down. The incredibly relatable story containing relational hardships gives a down to earth aspect that keeps the story rooted and realistic whilst the excruciatingly dangerous and exciting “vacations” give the audience a glorious escape from reality.

The transition from home life to man missions offers aspects of adventure and love. This is the perfect balance of action and romance with explicit detailing of exotic and dangerous explorations to heartfelt depictions of marriage, love, and friendship. This work of fiction was exceptionally flawless; there are too many positive aspects to list and not a single negative.

I would award Man Mission by Eytan Uliel a rating of 4 out 4 stars due to the beautifully enchanting depictions of the fascinatingly exotic places the characters explore. The author’s use of imagery was captivating and holds the reader in a trance, fully immersing the audience into a world of adventure, color, and exhilaration. I would recommend this amazing work to friends and family and implore you to read and do the same.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

eastandalchemy
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Purple Dark Poetry by DeBroada Cornelius
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eastandalchemy »

I really enjoyed this novel as well! I also felt like the scripture quotes felt a bit out of place, but I did relate to those from philosophers, creators, and other artists. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”