Review by Abraham Joy -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-joy.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Review by Abraham Joy -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Abraham Joy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is my review of Man Mission, a travel novel written by Eytan Uliel. Although titled 'Man mission', this book is wrapped around four men's missions. The story is leisurely comical and very sincere; telling of adventures embarked by old college friends. The journey unfolds through a participating first-person eye, into differing geographical and cultural locations of travels, where four friends make out time to be children again in close and far away lands. It holds our hands through the manifestation of a careless adolescent wish, and journeys into individuals and family live.

Four friends from college (Sam, Alec, Daniel and the Narrator), actualize a long-time dream, embarking on diverse travel adventures, fifteen in all. They meet with funny, scary and deadly scenarios, from their encounters with lands, people, water, animals and food.

This book is a well-organised travel story, carefully laced with amusement and sincere realities. Adventure dreams and the possibility of reality intercepts without sentiments. I found myself at unique transitions wondering at the reality of our uniqueness and browsing up places and names. There is little suspense, yet you are left oblivious of what to expect. The trail of each new adventure abrupts like in the real world where we return to office files, noisy cities, wives, children and pets, refusing you from basking in fantasies. It is just real; the emergence of youths to men is relatable, and their sincerity comical. You may just become nostalgic and be dialling your old friends halfway into this book, or realise that you have been in that location for too long.

Eytan is real, intentional and daring. He gets to transit youngster conceived adventure into a full-fledged adult adventure without making it seem so. I had thought from the initial, that the adventure will stick to landscapes alone, but Eytan teleports you further, defining identity, culture, value system, and philosophy in a journey into his characters.

I intentionally rate Man Mission 4 out of 4 stars. Overriding most exempting travel novels, I rode with the characters without traffic interruptions, airport waitings and hectic bag packings, pausing to share their emotions most times. I think that this book will sit well with those who grip life from the realistic end. I am looking to more of this author’s works already. I strongly recommend that you get to read this book. There are no much exaggerative themes used in this book, as comedy unveils with natural ease. If you would have preferred fantasies, still read, but be ready to continue in your mind, because this book is real enough to quit on.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

TONGJAL WUNGAKHA
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TONGJAL WUNGAKHA »

"I had thought from the initial, that the adventure will stick to landscapes alone, but Ethan teleports you further, defining identity, culture, value system, and philosophy in a journey into his characters." This very portion of the review is a similitude of my feelings currently about this review; it was in a whole new astounding dimension--I've never read none like it! I am already imagining taking the free ticket in the book to have a taste of your Odyssey with Eytan Uliel.

Your review is awesomely amazing; it is "real..." good "enough..." to have "quit me on."

Abraham Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-joy.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Abraham Joy »

Thank you so much Wungakha. I refuse to blush in 'ROYBGIV'.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your journey too.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”