Review by Noshi+1994 -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Noshi+1994
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noshi-1994.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review by Noshi+1994 -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Noshi+1994 » 30 Jun 2019, 08:57

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adrift by Charlie Sheldon is a great adventure novel. We are able to see the life of ship captains and their crew from this novel. They face danger such as a fire or the possibility of drowning when the waves are big and they are in boats. We are also able to see team work as each member of the crew has a specific task. The book has various characters such as Steve whose ship is on fire and his crew. There is also a couple who own a tow , Louise and Larry whose company has not been doing well and they hope to tow the Seattle Express to get money.

One night in December the Seattle Express catches fire and it is a challenge to put it out. The fire is spreading fast due to the strong wind and they are unable to find where it is exactly. Those in the ship are forced to abandon it to save their lives. They take two lifeboats and start heading to shore. The conditions in the boat are deplorable as there is vomit that stinks and people are relieving themselves in their survival suits.

I would recommend this book to adventure lovers and those who love stories about the oceans or seas. Those who have experienced life at sea will also relate very well with happenings in the novel. Once you start reading this book you will not want to put it down. I would not advise anyone who is not open to adventure to read the book. You have to allow yourself to be part of the adventure.

The part I loved most in this book is when Steve came up with the idea of exchanging survival suits with those who don’t have so that they don’t freeze to death. The process was cumbersome and one would feel cold but they did it anyway. This was a great act of compassion. I however had a difficult time identifying different parts of the ship because the terms where new to me.

I would rate this book with four out of four stars because it is well edited, I could not spot errors or typos. There is also the use of correct grammar. The book is very interesting and I enjoyed reading it. The author had indeed outdone himself in this novel. The story flowed very well and events were well connected.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”