Review by cass1e -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cass1e
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cass1e.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review by cass1e -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by cass1e »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adrift captures the reader's attention from the onset. An adventure novel set against the backdrop of the Pacific North West, the author takes the reader through the harsh climate of roiling waves and high winds and on board fires that challenge the main characters within.

William having spent his life working in this environement is shipwrecked, with some crew mates on his old home Haida Gwaii.

Louise and Larry hasten to salvage the wreck in a last ditch effort to save their business

Myra, William's daughter and close friends anxiously await news. and subsequently have their faith tested while battling the impending intrusion of a large corporation in her native land.

Man's resilience is tested and the reader has a front seat to the determintation and strength of the characters throughout this tale. The author has indeed captured and showcased the trials and yet persistence and satisfaction in conquering and working under such conditions. He has exposed to readers a whole new world.His knowledge of life aboard such a vesssel The Seattle Express is readily apparent in his descriptions and use of nautical terminology.

I give this book 3 out of 4. While quite a gripping read and not my usual type, there were times that I was unable to separate some of the characters from the other as the flow seemed a bit murky that left me uncertain and looikng back to ensure who the character was the the author was referring to. This was the case where the two rescue crafts were separated so at times the shift between the two wasn't as clear as it should have been.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cass1e's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”