Review by Aaliyah Ali -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aaliyah Ali
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaliyah-ali.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by Aaliyah Ali -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Aaliyah Ali »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy Love...at your service written by Shay Carter is a humorous book that will have the reader laughing uncontrollably at times. I chose this book because the title was intriguing before anything else, it was mysterious yet bold and I yearned to know more. I read the description and realized this was just the kind of book I needed in my life so I was completely sold.

Carter’s book, written in the third person, centers around a young man, Randy Love, who is very full of himself. Randy is not the sharpest tool in the shed but is rather your typical attractive playboy type. Randy relies on his family and friends to bail him out of the many ridiculous situations he gets himself into on a regular basis. One such incident is Randy having to prance around in underwear. His family is tired of his childish behavior and want nothing more than for him to finally get his act together. Randy gets a job at a temp agency but he still isn’t satisfied as his siblings are way ahead of him, career-wiser, so he tries to fast-tract his way to the top.

The book seemed to have been professionally edited as I failed to find any errors within it. The writing was clear and extremely easy to understand, so, the reader would not be confused about any of the descriptions. I admired how interesting and original the book was as it kept me intrigued throughout all twenty-five chapters. The concept of the book was evidently well thought-out and executed wonderfully with minimal complaints.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 because it was simply hilarious and extremely enjoyable. I loved how the book had a deeper aspect but still managed to have me laughing and not just wishing for the sad parts to end. I also loved that I could relate to the main character and how the author made even the most uncomfortable situations funny. However, I disliked that there were so many characters because it became hard to keep up after a while and I found myself sort of lost. I also disliked Randy’s attitude because it began to get annoying and I was impatiently waiting for him to improve himself quickly.

I would recommend this book to persons who enjoy reading drama, romance and comedy novels. The comedy aspect is definitely most prominent and is the book’s best attribute.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Aaliyah Ali's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”