Review by GHOSTFRIEND -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
GHOSTFRIEND
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghostfriend.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Review by GHOSTFRIEND -- Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by GHOSTFRIEND » 10 May 2019, 08:37

[Following is a volunteer review of "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

ADRIFT by Charlie Sheldon is a fascinating tale of courage, friendship, love, survival and hope with a touch of spiritual mystery. It's a gripping story that tells us about the dangers of being off course in treacherous waters. It is the second book in the Strong Heart Series created by Charlie Sheldon. The writer has once again managed to the deliver a splendid book to the readers.

Captain Steve and his crew are aboard a container ship when he wakes up to the smoke alarms blaring. Immediately they start their drills and try hard to put out the fire, but things start getting out of their hand. Unable to get the fire under control, the team has no choice but to abandon the vessel. With the weather worsening with every minute the team splits into two and get aboard two lifeboats in the search for rescue as they go adrift in the ocean.

As the news of the wreckage is broadcasted, a team aboard their old tugboat, warhorse, is set on the pursuit of the burning vessel so that they can claim it and use the money after selling it to stay on business.

The story is fast paced and it makes you want to read the entire book in one go. The writer has a descriptive style of writing. The way the scene in which the crew abandons the ship is described, is mind blowing. It makes you feel the heat of the moment and you feel the anxiety and agony of the crew. Various scenes may get you emotional.
I'll rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

My favourite thing about this book is that the suspense level of the book intensifies as the story progresses. We are unaware as to what the future holds for the crew members. At various points, we feel that we know what's coming unless something else happen. Through this story, the writer shows us that in order to survive during the worst of conditions we must have faith in ourselves and we should follow our intuition.

The thing that I liked the least is the abundance use of marine terms. For people not closely related to ships and oceans it is not possible to be aware of the boating terms used in the context. It would be helpful if we were provided with a glossary of the terms used.

I did not find any error in the book. I'll suggest this book to fans of survival stories. People who enjoy thrillers should also read this book. This book provides a lot of knowledge about surviving in the sea so people who enjoy sailing should also read this book.

Adrift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like GHOSTFRIEND's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”